- 1 Lemon peel
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 cm ginger, stem
- 1 brown onion, halved
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp Ground Coriander
- 6 tbsp Coconut sugar
- juice of one lemon/lime
- 3 tbsp tamari sauce, or dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp honey, to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- This marinade is beautiful on chicken or beef and is well suited to skewers. If making skewers, pre soak your skewers in water for up to 30mins to stop from burning whilst cooking.
- Add lemon/lime rind, garlic, ginger and onion to the bowl. Chop 4 seconds/speed 5.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend 30 seconds/speed 8. Taste test and adjust if required using fish sauce and sugar. Increase cayenne pepper to taste.
- Scrape down sides and blend again 30 seconds/speed 8.
- Pour marinade over meat for a minimum of 1 hour, the longer the better! Serve with a peanut dipping sauce, I love the satay sauce one from the savoury sauces collection on cookidoo.com.au
Making the Marindade
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- 3 Chilli Jam
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Spiced fig and Pear Jam
- Fig and Cocoa Marmalade
- Fig marmalade
- Spiced fig and honey jam
- Lemon & Passionfruit Curd
- Chili Chutney
- Plum Jam
- Variation Honey Mustard Chicken
- Oats, hazelnut, banana, chocolate chips muesli bar
- Nut Free Muesli Bar
- Easy Peasy Satay Chicken
- Gluten Free Sourdough Bread
- Italian Semolina Bread
- Anzac bliss balls- thermosize your life
- Gluten Free Granola
- Wholefood Cacao / Hot Chocolate
- Toasted Granola
- Fig Honey Almond Tart
- Peanut crunch protein bites