- 1 Lemon peel
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 cm ginger, stem
- 1 brown onion, halved
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp Ground Coriander
- 6 tbsp Coconut sugar
- juice of one lemon/lime
- 3 tbsp tamari sauce, or dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp honey, to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- This marinade is beautiful on chicken or beef and is well suited to skewers. If making skewers, pre soak your skewers in water for up to 30mins to stop from burning whilst cooking.
- Add lemon/lime rind, garlic, ginger and onion to the bowl. Chop 4 seconds/speed 5.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend 30 seconds/speed 8. Taste test and adjust if required using fish sauce and sugar. Increase cayenne pepper to taste.
- Scrape down sides and blend again 30 seconds/speed 8.
- Pour marinade over meat for a minimum of 1 hour, the longer the better! Serve with a peanut dipping sauce, I love the satay sauce one from the savoury sauces collection on cookidoo.com.au
Making the Marindade
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lemon and Goji Switchel
- Apple Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Spicy turmeric latte
- Tiny Teddies- Honey
- Beetroot Juice - great for Pre & Post Training
- Grain free dark chocolate Brownies adapted from Arman at thebigmansworld.com
- Tumeric Soy Latte
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Hemp rolls Vegan/Paleo/Gaps
- Banana and honey Bundt cake