- 500 grams tomato, halved
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 small apples, quartered
- 280 grams raw sugar
- 70 grams sultanas
- 1/2 tablespoon whole cloves
- 200 grams white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper or Sweet Paprika
Recipe is created for
Chop onions and apples for 5 seconds on speed 7.
Add tomatoes and pulse 2-3 times on turbo (0.5 sec for TM5)
Add other ingredients and mix on reverse speed 5 for 3 seconds.
Cook for 30mins at Varoma temperature on reverse speed 1, with the MC replaced by the basket to stop splattering.
Check consistency and cook for 5-10mins at Varoma on reverse speed 1 with the MC replaced by the basket, if necessary.
Bottle in sterilised jars while the Chutney is still hot.
Tomato and Onion Chutney
Recipe Modified 15/1/19 to reduce liquid.
If you prefer a less vinegary chutney, replace some of the vinegar with water.
Green apples are best, but red will also work.
Has been tested in the TM5 as well.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- FAILSAFE PIZZA POCKETS
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Raula’s Bazella
- Tomato Paste
- Sweet Potato and Quinoa Patties
- Creamy Tuna Tomato & Pasta
- Savory lentil mince with Rice and Tofu
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Variation Risotto Arrabbiata