- 1000 grams tomatoes, Stems removed, Quartered
- 250 grams onions, Peeled, Quartered
- 1 --- apple, Peeled, Cored, Quartered
- 1 clove garlic, Peeled
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 250 grams sugar, Raw, But any would work
- 355 grams White or apple cider Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1/4 Cup --- White or apple cider Vinegar, EXTRA
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1h 40minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place Onion, Apple and Garlic into Bowl "Closed lid" Chop 5 Seconds, Speed 5, Scrape down sides
Add Tomatoes "Closed lid" Pulse 1 - 2 Seconds
Add all other ingredients to the bowl "Closed lid" EXCEPT FOR: Cornflour and Extra Vinegar Mix 3 Seconds, Reverse "Counter-clockwise operation" , Speed 4
Remove the MC and place basket on top to prevent splashesCook 60 minutes 100 deg Reverse "Counter-clockwise operation" Speed 1While this is doing its thing. Mix your Cornflour with the Extra Vinegar - Set aside
Increase Temp to Varoma, 20 minutes, Reverse, Speed 3And now immediately but carefully lift the basket and pour the cornflour/vinegar mixture in. Becarefull of any splashes.
Test consistency and if need be cook another 10 minutes Varoma setting
Accessories you need
Lovely on Meats, Sandwiches, Toast, Pizza
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Popcorn Chicken
- Egg Free Brioche
- Roti Boy
- Pear Crumble - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Simple Gluten Free Pizza Bases
- Gourmet crackers
- Torcetti al burro
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Orange drizzle cake
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Apple & Walnut Muffins - Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Cheesecake (with dairy free option)