- 1000 grams tomatoes, Stems removed, Quartered
- 250 grams onions, Peeled, Quartered
- 1 --- apple, Peeled, Cored, Quartered
- 1 clove garlic, Peeled
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 250 grams sugar, Raw, But any would work
- 355 grams White or apple cider Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1/4 Cup --- White or apple cider Vinegar, EXTRA
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1h 40minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place Onion, Apple and Garlic into BowlChop 5 Seconds, Speed 5, Scrape down sides
Add TomatoesPulse 1 - 2 Seconds
Add all other ingredients to the bowlEXCEPT FOR: Cornflour and Extra Vinegar Mix 3 Seconds, Reverse , Speed 4
Remove the MC and place basket on top to prevent splashesCook 60 minutes 100 deg ReverseSpeed 1While this is doing its thing. Mix your Cornflour with the Extra Vinegar - Set aside
Increase Temp to Varoma, 20 minutes, Reverse, Speed 3And now immediately but carefully lift the basket and pour the cornflour/vinegar mixture in. Becarefull of any splashes.
Test consistency and if need be cook another 10 minutes Varoma setting
Accessories you need
Lovely on Meats, Sandwiches, Toast, Pizza
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Spiced fig and Pear Jam
- Fig and Cocoa Marmalade
- Fig marmalade
- Spiced fig and honey jam
- Lemon & Passionfruit Curd
- Chili Chutney
- Plum Jam
- Passata (no onion no garlic)