- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon black mustard seeds
- 8 centimetres fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 30 grams vinegar
- 2 cans tomatoes
- 60 grams brown sugar
- 130 grams vinegar
8Recipe is created for
Heat oil in the Thermomix bowl for 7 minutes at 100 on speed 1. After one minute add the mustard seeds, turmeric and cumin through the hole in the lid (dont drop it straight down, so it doesn't all just accumulate on the blade)
2. Add ginger, chunked, garlic and the first lot of vinegar, and chop fo 10 seconds on speed 7.
3. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and cook for another 5 minutes at 100 on speed 1.
4. Add remaining ingredients and cook for 60 minutes at 100 on speed 1. It is finished when the oil has risen to the top.
Use on top of pizzas with lamb, or use as a pasta sauce with cooked bacon, or as a side dish with just about anything!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.