- 1200g fresh tomatoes
- 1lg Granny Smith Apple
- 1lg red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 Heapy tsp celtic or himalayan ground salt
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 120g apple cider vinegar
- 10 Basil leaves
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1/2 tsp pure stevia extract powder, (not natvia)
1h 20minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Slice the tomatoes in half then each half into 5 wedges.
place them all on a lined tray and bake in the oven 180°c for 45 - 60 min
Wash, core and cut the apple into quaters and put in the bowl
Cut the onion into quaters and peel the garlic, add them to the bowl
Chop 4 seconds / sp 7
Add the roasted tomatoes and all remaining ingredients, before chopping again for 4 sec / speed 7.
Cook 20min / 100°c / speed 2.5
Puree for 1min going slowly to speed 9
Bottle and seal
Preparing the tomatoes:
Make the sauce:
Accessories you need
Tomatoes vary in their water content. The longer you roast them the drier they are. If you are finding your sauce a bit thick, add small amounts of water and blend for 4 sec / speed 4 until desired consistency.
You don't have to roast the tomatoes (I just think it makes for a richer more superior flavoured sauce), just quater the tomatoes and add them in step 6, cook for 25 min instead of 20.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- LAMB RIB MARINADE
- Bruschetta spread
- Rhubarb Relish
- Easy salmon dip
- Roasted Veggie and Black Bean Dip
- Lemon & Tahini Dressing
- Tofu alfredo sauce
- 3 Chilli Jam
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup - onion free
- Favourite German mashpotato spinach cheese bake
- Chicken and Vegetable Pie
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends
- Potato Gnocchi with creamy chicken and mushroom
- Curried Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Vegan potato bake with browned onions
- Vegan Creamy tomato and pepperoni fettuccine
- LAMB RIB MARINADE
- Devilled Chicken
- Vegetable Soup for the Soul
- Go to spaghetti Bolognese