- 1 brown onion, large
- 1500 g tomatoes, soft bruised
- 500 g sugar
- 15 g allspice, whole
- 7.5 g Peppercorns, black
- 7.5 g whole cloves
- 31 g salt
- 1 level tbsp glacial acetic acid, From chemist
- Cut onion and tomatoes in half. Place onion into mixing bowl and chop 5secs speed 4 then place in tomatoes and chop 5sec speed 4.
- Add sugar and salt
- Cook for 60mins 120°C speed 2
- Leave to cool to 37°C then add acetic acid. Mix 30secs speed 2. Then bottle.
Accessories you need
Soft, bruised tomatos work best.
You'll need a muslin bag.
Will keep for months, but it probably won't last that long
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.