- 150 grams onions, brown
- 1000 grams tomatoes, (over ripe)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, (1cm fresh)
- 25 grams garlic
- 125 grams apples, (peeled and cored)
- 30 grams apple cider vinegar
- 15 gram salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Mixed Herbs, any combination for a bit of flare
- pinch chilli, optional - to taste
- 1 sprigs basil
- 100 grams sugar
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1.Place skinned and halved onions in and shred 3 seconds/ Speed 7. Scrape down TM bowl
2.Add tomatoes in two portions - 1,000 grams - 3 secs / Speed 8. Again, the final portion - speed 8 / 3 seconds.
3.Add garlic and ginger and simmer - 30 mins / 90° / Speed 2 - Place the simmer basket on top to stop splashes.
4.Add cut apples for 30 mins / 90° / Speed 2 - Place the simmer basket on top to stop splashes.
5.Add sugar, vinegar, salt and mixed herb (and optional chilli depending on your preference) - 60 mins / 100° / Speed 2.5 - Place the simmer basket on top to stop splashes.
6.Check the sauce colour and consistency and if too watery – Recommend placing all ingredients into saucepan for an hour to reduce the water and darken the colour. [Saucepans have wider area for quicker reduction]
7.Pour into pre-prepared sauce bottles [Sterilized and dried in the oven] that can be capped and stored for a few months.
Reduce watery consistency (that often occurs depending on type of tomatoes used) in large pan on stove top for an hour on LOW heat, stirring occaionally.
Seal in air tight bottles or jars. You can present / decorate as gifts.
Refrigerate sauce after opening bottle.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- The Sisters Tomato Relish
- Steak Spice
- Zesty Hommus (with Young Living Essential Oils)
- Shrimp Paste Chilli Sauce
- Warmly Spiced Pumpkin Dip
- PIMPs Apple Sauce
- Butter Ganache
- Mums Cheese Ball
- Verena Probiotic Salad Dressing
- Hommus Cups - WA School Canteen Association Assessed - GREEN
- Vegan/Egg Free Variation No Fail, No Fuss, No Butterfly, NO Egg Mayo
- Curry Pea Soup
- Lemon Cupcakes with Young Living Essential Oils
- Pumpkin lasagne
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Chocolate coconut macaroons Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Egg Free, AIP
- The Daily Mix - Banana Crumble Muffins
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- Dotty's Lemon and Sultana Tea Loaf
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Banana Nut Bread