THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 clove garlic, optional
- 3 tbsp chickpea water from the can, (also called aquafaba)
- 1 heaped tsp mustard, dijon, etc
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- pinch salt, to taste
- mild oil such as rice bran, sunflower, grape seed or very mild olive oil. Can mix them up!, approx 250g, but no need to measure
I recently found an amazing egg free (vegan) mayo from Byron Bay, it wasn't cheap but it was so sooo good and when it slipped from my hands and shattered on the kitchen floor after I was having a craving for Mayo I was gutted. I found the original thermomix mayo recipe by Sarah Moran on this website and thought I would have a go to tweak it vegan style! I have to say it was just as delcious as the bought one and I had all the ingredients in the cupboard! Aquafaba is often used as an egg free substitute to egg white and you can make your own or simply strain off the water from the chickpeas in a can. Hope you enjoy as much as I did!
1. Optional: Run speed 7 and drop garlic clove in as its spinning.
2. Add chickpea water (aquafab), mustard, vinegar, salt to bowl.
3. Set timer for 4 mins, temp 37c, speed 4.
4. After 1 minute passes (3 minutes left on timer), hold MC down (or half fill with water so it doesn't float). pour oil directly and steadily onto the lid until it almost reaches the top of the rim.
5. Make sure you hold or weigh down the MC with water while all the oil slowly trickles into the bowl.
NB. as an optional extra you can mix some flavoured oils into the other oils. I used a couple of slugs of white truffle oil and it was delicious!
6. Remove lid and scrape into a jar or sealed container. Store in fridge and enjoy.
I find this mayo tends to separate overtime unlike egg mayo, just stir it up when needed to mix through! Enjoy!!!
Store mayo in the fridge in an air tight container.
*Recipe adapted from mayo in EDC.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Amazing Chocolate Nut Butter
- Amazing Nut Butter
- Vegetarian Lasagne (Gluten free Dairy free option)
- Quick Chicken and Vegetable Casserole
- Sourdough (in a date loaf tin)
- Teriyaki Chicken - 20 minute quick meal
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Yuzu Mayonnaise
- Graff - Macedonian Bean soup recipe
- Baked Cottage Cheese crepes
- Garlic Soup
- Blue Cheese and Caper Butter