- 90 g Butter
- 40 g plain flour (I use GF)
- 500 g Milk (of your choice) I use almond
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 heaped tablespoon Veg Stock Concentrate
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place butter into TM, 60 Seconds/Varoma/speed 2.
2. Add flour 7 minutes/Varoma/Speed 3, gradually adding the milk
* remember to tare if you’ve lifted your MC
3. Add nutmeg 15 seconds/speed 2. If it’s not thick to your desire cook a further 2-3 minutes.
Total time 8 minutes
I love this white sauce for my lasagna. If I’m using it for cauliflower bake I add 1TBS veg stock concentrate
For white sauce for silverside add 1tsp whole mustard in last step instead of nutmeg
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Surf & Turf Seafood Sauce
- Lemon Drop Cookies (no sugar | egg yolk cookies)
- Lemonade Scones
- Honey Sriracha Marinade
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- onion sauce
- CWA Afghan Biscuits
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- CHICKEN AND PRAWN LAKSA