- 4 Limes, cut into quarters and seeds removed if any
- 3-4 lemons if they are large use 3, cut into quaters and seeds removed
- 500 - 600 grams of sugar, reserve 100gms
- 450 grams of water
1h 0minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place limes and lemons in the bowl and chop 6 seconds speed 6 - stir with spatula and repeat
Add the water and 500 gms of sugar and cook 30 minutes - 100 deg - speed 2 - mc off
Taste at this stage and if it is really zingy you can add the extra 100gms of sugar - if you feel its fine for your taste buds leave it out - cook for a further 20mins - 100deg - speed 2 - mc off
Pour into steralized bottles
Accessories you need
tangy and yum
if you make this recipe please pop back and leave a comment and a rating -- thank you
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quince relish for Irina
- Salmon and couscous salad with lemon dressing
- Chorizo, Spinach and Feta Triangles
- Palmiers - cinnamon and sugar delights
- Lemon and Garlic Yoghurt Chicken
- American Self Rising Biscuits (scones)
- Maria's Meat Balls
- Capsicum, Tomato and Chilli Chutney
- Brown Rice and Chicken Salad with Asian style dressing
- Jubilee loaf ( served spread with butter)
- Cranberry Bread