- 1 bunch silverbeet, finely sliced
- 80 g Parmesan cheese, cubed
- 1 small onion
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-2 pinches ground nutmeg
- 3-4 tbsp buckwheat flour, (Mill first if using whole)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Oil for frying, your choice
(If using whole buckwheat mill first sp10/30secs. Set aside.)
Place parmesan into TMX bowl chop sp9/10secs. Set aside.
Chop onion sp5/5secs. Set aside.
Place water into TMX bowl. Fill basket up with sliced white stalks of the silver beet. Cook 10mins/varoma/sp2.
Put sliced leaves into varoma. Place Varoma onto lid and cook for another 8-10mins/varoma/ sp2 or until cooked.
Pre heat a frying pan with your choice of oil.
Once cooked add silverbeet to a large bowl.
Sprinkle with 1/2 the grated parmesan and then mix throughly & gently with a fork. Repeat with the rest of the parmesan cheese.
Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Then add onions & egg. Mix through with fork.
Sprinkle with flour and mix through with fork.
Once oil is hot place heaped tablespoon amounts onto the pan. making sure they dont stick to the pan. Cook until browned on both sides.
Place onto paper towel to remove excess oil before serving.
Can be served hot, warm or cold.
Accessories you need
The mixture is not doughy so don't put too much flour into them. It should be a little moist but not dripping with liquid.
I still hand mix the final mixture as I have previously found my TMX doesn't mix it gently enough. I have tried it and it usually breaks up the silverbeet too much and therefore releases too much liquid from the silverbeet.
Any steamed vegetables would work to make these. I also love potato and silverbeet.
My family love these. I have been eating them since a little girl. This recipe is from my Aregentinean grandmother so are a little different to a normal croquette as they aren't crumbed.
Thank you to my grandmother for letting me adapt your recipe xx
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Anzac Caramel Slice
- The Best Buffalo wings with Blue Cheese Sauce
- Twix Bar (Dairy, Gluten, Egg, Refined Sugar Free, Vegan)
- Almost 'Mcvities Digestive Biscuits'
- Almost fail proof crackers (Dairy, egg, nut free)
- Jam Doughnuts
- Dairy & Egg Free Doughnuts
- Crunchy Peanut Butter Balls(Refined sugar free, dairy & egg free)
- Fool proof 15min Jam
- Coconut Syrup
- Dairy Free Puff Pastry
- Dairy Free Brioche Dough
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Lemony lentils and silverbeet soup (aka adas b hamid)
- Vegetable Soup for the Soul
- Mum’s “Cheese” and Spinach Pie (GF, DF)
- Silverbeet & Feta Phyllo Bundt
- Chap Chae (Korean Noodles)
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Shepherd’s Pie (Low Carb)
- lchf spinach bake
- Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- Inside-out chicken parmigiana - Dani Valent