THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 500 g potatos, peeled & cut into 8, SEE MY NOTES FOR BEST POTATOES FOR MASHING AS SOME WILL REMAIN LUMPY
- 200-250 g Milk, Full cream works better
- 2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tbsp Butter, Natural
Recipe is created for
BEFORE YOU START READ NOTES ON BEST POTATOES TO USE AS SOME WILL REMAIN LUMPY!!
Peel and cut each potato into 8 cubes.
Add potatoes to bowl, measure in milk and add Garlic Salt.
Set to 100 degrees, speed 1 for 20 minutes MC OFF. It should look pretty smooth already after the 20 minutes already. If there are still some big peices test with a fork to see if they are soft. If not cook for a little longer but i havent found this to happen.
Add butter to mash and turn to speed 4 for 30 seconds, or more to desired consistency.
This recipe hasnt failed me yet using the right potatoes. The only fail is generally due to the type of potato used.
I use the red potatoes from Aldi, they seem to have worked best but see below for more info.
Mash or Bake:
Coliban Floury, white flesh ideal for mashing & baking- perfect for chippes!King Edward An old variety with white flesh, floury texture & pink markings. Good for baking or mashingPink Eye (also known as Southern Gold) Waxy, nutty flavoured flesh that's good for salads, boiling, steaming or baking.
Desiree Waxy flesh that is good for boiling, mashing, salads or roasting (not frying)Dutch Creams Large oval shape with white flesh, thin skin & lovely buttery tasteGolden Delight Yellow smooth skin with a cream flesh – a great all-rounderRed Rascal Crisp, flavoursome flesh that's good for boiling, mashing, roasting or frying.Royal Blue Distinctive purple potato with white flesh that's a great all-rounderSebago Long or oval shaped with white flesh. Great all-rounderPontiac White flesh, pink skin (not frying)
QUICK POTATO FACTS:• Green potatoes are those that have been exposed to light during their growth. It can be harmful in large quantities and is best not to eat them• It is ok to eat sprouting potatoes so long as you take the sprout out• Many nutrients lie just under the skin of the potato so it is best to peel only a thin layer or scrub well and keep the skin on• Potatoes are a carbohydrate rich food but also a source of vitamin C, protein & folate• Potatoes are 80% water
- See more at: //www.localmarketguide.com.au/blog/which-potato-should-i-use.html#sthash.6MSpJDgJ.dpuf
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best & Easiest Mashed potato
- Variation "I LOVE your Cauliflower Cheese" bake
- Cauliflower Broccoli and Carrot Coleslaw (no cabbage!)
- Pete's scotch eggs
- Steamed greens
- Houda’s kid friendly potato salad
- Pretty Corgette Pickle
- Corn rolls
- Best Ever Chips
- Steamed Asian greens with a Honey, Soy and ginger sauce
- Christmas Salad
- Probiotic Berry Gummies - Essential Living Mumma
- Bacon, Spinach & Red Pesto Risotto - Essential Living Mumma
- Healthier Home Made Garlic Salt
- LCHF Hidden Veggie Mexican Taco Bake
- LCHF friendly coleslaw dressing
- Cheesy Bacon Stuffed Chicken Breasts - LCHF Friendly* - Essential Living Mumma
- Bacon, Mushroom & Sun-dried tomato Risotto - Essential Living Mumma
- Best Easter Egg Hot Chocolate - Essential Living Mumma
- Hidden Veggie meatballs in napoli sauce - Essential Living Mumma
- Sugar Free Strawberry & Blueberry Coconut Muffins - Lunchbox friendly - Essential Living Mumma
- ZUCCHINI & SPINACH LUNCHBOX SLICE/QUICHES - ESSENTIAL LIVING MUMMA
- LCHF Friendly Cheesy Garlic Butter - Essential Living Mumma
- Mumble Slice
- Variation Rice Pudding - recipe adapted to properly mix in the egg!
- Extreme Chocolate Cake
- Coconut lemon biscuits
- Pineapple Rice Pudding
- Best & Easiest Mashed potato
- Empanada Pastry
- Vanilla Custard Cake - Modified (from Bargain Mums)
- Coffee Scroll Biscuits
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)