- 10 grams white wine vinegar, OR apple cider vinegar OR lemon juice
- 20 grams olive oil, - extra virgin
- 20 grams orange juice, - juice your own, or use store-bought
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 clove garlic, - peeled
- 1 bunch parsley, - washed and dried
- 3 carrots, - large, washed
- 1 raisins, - use a handful - according to taste; OPTIONAL
- Salt and pepper, - to taste
Recipe is created for
9Autumn Spring Summer Winter BBQ Birthday Buffet Everyday Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Creative Easy Low budget Natural Quick Cooking for 2 person Cooking for elderly people Cooking for large family Cooking for single person Cooking for students British & Irish German Brunch Dinner Lunch Supper Children food Non-dairy Vegetarian European Side dish Starter
Place vinegar (or lemon juice, according to preference), olive oil, orange juice and wholegrain mustard in the Thermomix (TMX) bowl, and whisk together for 5 seconds/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
2. With the blades running at speed 7, drop the clove of garlic through the hole in the lid. Let the machine run, until you no longer hear the garlic being chopped. This should take no more than about three seconds after the garlic has been added. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Wash the carrots, top & tail them, and then cut into thirds. Place carrot pieces into the TMX bowl and then roughly chop them for 8 seconds/speed 4. Be careful with your chopping - you want an approximately even sized texture, neither too big nor too small! Adjust for your preferences.
4. OPTIONAL STEP: Add a handful of raisins, if you'd like a sweet note to the salad, and stir them through gently by using REVERSE/4 seconds/speed 2.
5. Ensure that the flavours have time to develop, especially if you are using raisins!
6. Place in serving dish, garnish with a sprig of parsley, and enjoy!
7. Please let me know your feedback or suggestions on this recipe! And please also leave notes if you tweak it to your palate, as I'd love to hear and learn! Thank you! Gillian
The acid (vinegar or lemon juice) can be varied, according to your taste, or in line with the rest of your menu.
Additionally, you can add in chopped spring onions for extra flavour and health; you can change the raisins for dried cranberries; chopped chives also adds good flavour to this salad (fresh chives are better, but dried chives work too).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.