- 45 grams Rump/Steak, cubed
- 5 large eggs
- 1 --- water, MC
- 1/2 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce/tamari
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry/port/Chinese cooking wine
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- salt & pepper
Put cubed meat into . Turbo 2-3 times until fine. Scrape down sides of
Add all other ingredients.
Mix Speed 4 for 6 seconds on to combine.
Put into heatproof dish (ceramic bowl is best) that has been smeared with oil (helps to prevent the egg from sticking to the bowl once cooked). The bowl should be able to fit into the Varoma dish.
Put into Varoma dish on top of chopsticks. This allows the steam to circulate. (I snap wooden take-away chopsticks to fit).
Add 1 litre water to . Cook 20 minutes Varoma Speed 3-4.
After 20 minutes, stir egg mixture with a fork. (This will break it up but also aids even cooking).
Add rice to the steaming basket, top up water to 1 litre, while continuing to cook the omelette in the Varoma dish for another 15 minutes speed 4 at Varoma temperature.
If you choose not to do rice, continue to steam the omelette at Varoma temperature for 15 minutes but reduce to speed 3 so that it doesn't cook too quickly (it will be rubbery).
Sprinke soy sauce on top before serving.
This is usually served as one of several dishes at a Chinese meal. See my recipe for Stir Fry Beef & Vegetables. You can use one slice of rump for both these dishes.
TAKE A SLICE OF RUMP – 3 dishes for a family
With 500gm rump steak you can make a Chinese meal for 4-6 people. Make the meatballs first - set aside; then the Chinese Steamed Beef & Egg omelette while steaming the rice in the steaming basket- set aside and keep warm; meatball soup; then the Chinese Stir Fry Beef & Veg. All recipes are on recipecommunity. Time – 1 hour (includes prep time)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sweet Potato Salad with honey mustard dressing
- Vegan Cheesy Cauliflower Bites
- Durban Naan
- Mashed Potato and Steamed Vegetables (Steamer and Varoma)
- Mexican Rice
- Stir Fry Broccoli
- Loaded Hash Browns
- Red Cabbage, Beetroot & Apple Sauerkraut (Adaption from The Clever Guts Diet)
- Festive Avacado Dip
- Cauliflower Zuccini rice with cashew nuts
- Oma's warm Red Cabbage with Apple
- Sweet and Sour Beans
- CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
- PASSIONFRUIT CHEESECAKE SLICE
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Lentil chocolate chip cookies - gluten free
- Nutella Cookies
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- Honey Jumble Cake
- LS Spelt Bread
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- ❤Spinach & fetta and pull-apart bread❤
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tear and share brie, garlic + herb bread wreath