- 1 tablespoon cumin ground
- 1 heaped tablespoon honey
- 200 grams natural yoghurt
- 1/2 bunch coriander, leaves only
- 1/2 bunch Continental Parsley, leave only
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 pomegranate
- 160 grams freekah
- 90 grams Puy lentils, or french lentils
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 70 grams raisins
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Combine the cumin, honey and yoghurt in a small bowl and set aside.
Place coriander, parsley and red onion into jug and chop 3 seconds, speed 7. Set aside in a large salad bowl and rinse the TM bowl.
Cut the pomegranate into quarters and place in TM bowl. Select ; 2 seconds speed 4. Pull the skin and white pith out. Place cold water in jug and pour into a strainer to seperate the seeds and remaining pith. Place seeds with the coriander/parsley and onion mix.
Weigh the freekah and puy/french lentils into the TM basket. Rinse under tap water and place in the TM bowl. Place 1250grams water into the jug and lock lid; cook lentils and freekah 10 minutes, speed 3, 100 degrees.
Using your spatula stir the lentils and add more water (enough to cover the lentils and freekeh). Cook for another 12 minutes, speed 3, 80 degrees. Once cooked, run under cold tap water to help cool down the cooked freekeh and lentils.
Toast the pumpkin seeds, slivered almonds and sunflower seeds to your liking (I usually do it on a baking tray in the oven, but you can also do it in the thermomix or in a fry pan).
Add the freekeh and lentils to the salad bowl; add raisins, juice of lemon, olive oil and toasted seeds/nuts and stir/toss to combine.
Serve with yoghurt dressing and enjoy!
You can buy freekeh in the gluten free/organic area of your supermarket. I have managed to find it at both coles and woolworths!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation "I LOVE your Cauliflower Cheese" bake
- Cauliflower Broccoli and Carrot Coleslaw (no cabbage!)
- Pete's scotch eggs
- Steamed greens
- Houda’s kid friendly potato salad
- Pretty Corgette Pickle
- Corn rolls
- Best Ever Chips
- Steamed Asian greens with a Honey, Soy and ginger sauce
- Christmas Salad
- Variation Honey Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- Marmalade with Navel Oranges
- Variation Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Whole bitter/lemon bundt cake
- Feijoa, Ginger and Vanilla Jam
- Dairy free creamy broccoli soup
- Quick Pumpkin Soup
- Chouriço Pâté (chorizo butter)
- Nana’s Beer Bread
- Honey and Pumpkin Bread
- Quick Avocado/Yoghurt Dip
- Lemon and Pecan Syrup Loaf