- 2-3 tbsp salt (Himalayan or Celtic salt recommnded)
- 2000 g water
- 900-1500 g Lebanese or pickling cucumbers (see Tips)
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- fresh dill (optional)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place salt and water into mixing bowl and bring to the boil 10 min/100°C/speed 2. Remove lid and allow to cool to room temperature (see Tips).
- Place as many cucumbers as possible into a large sterilised jar (approx. 3 L). Cucumbers can be cut into pieces to fit into jar, if needed. Add garlic and dill (optional).
- Pour cooled brine into jar, ensuring vegetables are completely submerged in brine (see Tips), leaving approx. 5 cm space at top of jar. Seal jar and store out of direct sunlight for 2-5 days. Check cucumbers after 2 days - fermentation will have started and the brine will look cloudy (fermentation time will vary - see Tips).
- Store fermented cucumbers in the refrigerator.
Lebanese cucumbers and pickling cumcubers work best in this recipe (we don't recommend using standard or continental cucumbers).
Brine must be cooled completely before using. If added to the jar when still warm, it can encourage (bad) bacterial growth.
Ensure cucumbers are fully submerged in brine to prevent mould or harmful bacteria from developing.
Fermentation can take between 2-5 days, depending on the ambient temperature. In warmer climates, fermentation will take less time. The longer you leave them to ferment, the more the flavours will develop.
Cucumbers will still ferment when refrigerated, but the cold temperature will slow it down.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best & Easiest Mashed potato
- Variation "I LOVE your Cauliflower Cheese" bake
- Cauliflower Broccoli and Carrot Coleslaw (no cabbage!)
- Pete's scotch eggs
- Steamed greens
- Houda’s kid friendly potato salad
- Pretty Corgette Pickle
- Corn rolls
- Best Ever Chips
- Steamed Asian greens with a Honey, Soy and ginger sauce
- Christmas Salad
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats