- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, roughly Chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 250 grams arborio rice
- 625 grams chicken stock, Boiling
- 25 grams Butter
- 125 grams Parmesan cheese, Grated
- 100 grams mozzarella, small cubes &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; pat dry
Grate Parmesan 10 sec/speed 10. Set aside.
Place onions into bowl and chop 3 sec/ speed 5.
Scrape down bowl.
Add oil & sauté onions 7 min/Varoma//speed 1, or until very soft. Add sugar and vinegar and stir until combined. Cook for 5 mins, until onion is caramelised. Add rice and cook for 1min/Varoma//speed 1.5 without measuring cup, until rice is coated.
Add 500 grams of hot stock. Cook for 15 mins/100℃//speed 1.5 replacing the MC for simmering basket onto mixing bowl lid or until rice is tender.
Add remaining stock with butter, 115 grams of parmesan and stir 3 mins//speed 2.5 to combine.
Transfer to a container and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan forced.
Grease a 24-hole mini-muffin pan.
Roll 1tbsp of risotto into ball and press into prepared muffin pan.
Using a finger, press a hole in centre of ball, fill with a piece of mozzarella.
Repeat with remaining risotto and cheese.
Sprinkle remaining parmesan over risotto balls.
Bake for 20 mins, or until firm and golden.
Cool in pan for 5 mins.
Run a small round-bladed knife around edge of cakes to loosen before removing from pan.
Serve at room temperature or cold.
Mozzarella and Caramelised Onion Risotto Cakes
Don't over fill the muffin tray or they will overflow when cheese melts.
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C.
We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml.
All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed.
All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified.
All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mexican Rice
- Stir Fry Broccoli
- Loaded Hash Browns
- Red Cabbage, Beetroot & Apple Sauerkraut (Adaption from The Clever Guts Diet)
- Festive Avacado Dip
- Cauliflower Zuccini rice with cashew nuts
- Oma's warm Red Cabbage with Apple
- Sweet and Sour Beans
- Mash and steamed veg
- Simple Carrot Salad
- Basic White Sauce for 6 people
- SIMPLE PASSION FRUIT ICE CREAM
- Grantham Ginger Crunchies
- Butterscotch Cream Ice-Cream
- FRESH CHERRY ICE CREAM
- Crayfish and Prawn Dip
- Piri Piri Seasoning
- Slow-Cooked Beef Curry
- GARLIC PRAWN & CRAB DIP
- Vegetarian Chicken Flavoured Stock Powder
- Osram’s Christmas Nuts & Bolts
- Chillied Corn Fritters
- CANDIED MANDARIN PEEL
- Lemon [or] Orange Cake
- Custard Cake
- Butter Ganache
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel Mars Bar Slice
- Pie maker Bacon, leek and mushroom pies
- Vanilla Slice Italian
- Pan Seared Chicken Breast with Lemon and Taragon Cream
- Viennese whirls
- Lady kisses (low GI)
- Loaded Tuna & Vegetable Mornay
- Chocolate on Chocolate Cheescake
- Coconut Fingers