- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, roughly Chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 250 grams arborio rice
- 625 grams chicken stock, Boiling
- 25 grams Butter
- 125 grams Parmesan cheese, Grated
- 100 grams mozzarella, small cubes &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; pat dry
Grate Parmesan 10 sec/speed 10. Set aside.
Place onions into bowl and chop 3 sec/ speed 5.
Scrape down bowl.
Add oil & sauté onions 7 min/Varoma//speed 1, or until very soft. Add sugar and vinegar and stir until combined. Cook for 5 mins, until onion is caramelised. Add rice and cook for 1min/Varoma//speed 1.5 without measuring cup, until rice is coated.
Add 500 grams of hot stock. Cook for 15 mins/100℃//speed 1.5 replacing the MC for simmering basket onto mixing bowl lid or until rice is tender.
Add remaining stock with butter, 115 grams of parmesan and stir 3 mins//speed 2.5 to combine.
Transfer to a container and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan forced.
Grease a 24-hole mini-muffin pan.
Roll 1tbsp of risotto into ball and press into prepared muffin pan.
Using a finger, press a hole in centre of ball, fill with a piece of mozzarella.
Repeat with remaining risotto and cheese.
Sprinkle remaining parmesan over risotto balls.
Bake for 20 mins, or until firm and golden.
Cool in pan for 5 mins.
Run a small round-bladed knife around edge of cakes to loosen before removing from pan.
Serve at room temperature or cold.
Mozzarella and Caramelised Onion Risotto Cakes
Don't over fill the muffin tray or they will overflow when cheese melts.
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C.
We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml.
All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed.
All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified.
All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mash and steamed veg
- Simple Carrot Salad
- Basic White Sauce for 6 people
- Variation Cheats Capsicum, Feta and Walnut Pasta Salad
- Cauliflower "Tabbouleh"
- Fermented cucumbers
- Vegan Brown Rice, Quinoa & Pumpkin Salad
- lchf blueberry red cabbage coleslaw
- Broccolini Salad
- Bean Salad with hazelnut dressing
- Easy Wombok Salad
- Sweet Corn Fritters
- SIMPLE PASSION FRUIT ICE CREAM
- Grantham Ginger Crunchies
- Butterscotch Cream Ice-Cream
- FRESH CHERRY ICE CREAM
- Crayfish and Prawn Dip
- Piri Piri Seasoning
- Slow-Cooked Beef Curry
- GARLIC PRAWN & CRAB DIP
- Vegetarian Chicken Flavoured Stock Powder
- Osram’s Christmas Nuts & Bolts
- Chillied Corn Fritters
- CANDIED MANDARIN PEEL
- Mash and steamed veg
- ANZAC Choccy Biccy Balls
- Gorgonzola Souffle
- Real Chocolate Brownies (LCHF)
- Aunty CECELIA's mango macadamia cheesecake recipe
- Musk Fudge
- Nuts and Bolts (Dairy Free)
- CORNED MEAT, VEGIES & WHITE SAUCE
- Triple-Choc Blueberry and Zucchini Smoothie Bowl
- Choc-orange sandwich biscuits
- TRIPLE CHOC BROWNIE FLOURLESS