- orange peel from 1 orange, (washed & preferably organic)
- small handful of parsley
- 50 g Butter
- 1 tsp orange salt & pepper rub, (see recipe community, or use salt flakes)
- 1 green apple, cored and quartered
- 3 spring onions, cut in half, some of the green sliced and reserved for garnish
- 150 g cous cous
- 250 g Boiling water
- 50 g freshly squeezed orange juice
Put cous cous in Thermoserver (or other bowl) and pour over boiling water, orange juice and orange salt & pepper rub. Cover and sit for 5 minutes while you prepare the rest.
Chop parsley & orange peel, 10 seconds, speed 8. Scrape and repeat if there are any large pieces of peel left. Set aside
Add butter, spring onion and apple to TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 5.
Scrape down and cook on 100C for 3 minutes, "Counter-clockwise operation" speed 2.
Scrape mixture onto cous cous, add the reserved zest & parsley, and stir through and fluff up with a fork. Cover for another 5 minutes if required.
Garnish with sliced spring onion and a little of the zest & parsley (optional)
You can add all sorts of extras to this cous cous. Nuts, raisins, cranberries etc
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Peasy Spreadable Butter
- Nat's Saucy Pork Belly
- Orange Salt & Pepper Rub
- Orange & Poppyseed Glazed Varoma Chicken
- My Husband's Bachelor 'Baked' Beans
- "I LOVE your Cauliflower Cheese" bake
- Varoma Teriyaki Style Fish & Udon Noodles with steamed veggies
- Mocha custard
- Purple Carrot & Date Muffins
- Cherry Ripe Soft Serve
- Lemony Lemon Brownies
- Marbled Orange Cream & Brazil Nut Brownies