- 100 g Mielie Meal, Same as maize meal
- 1 small handful fresh coriander
- 2 spring onions, White part only
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 Zuchini, If zucchini is small, use a whole one
- 1 red chilli, Remove half the pips if you don&#039;t want it too hot
- 425 g Tuna in springwater, Drained
- 1 teaspoon paprika, Smoked or sweet
- 5 g lemon or lime juice
- 1 egg
- Oil for frying
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add the carrot, zucchini, spring onions, chilli & coriander & chop for 3 secs / speed 7
Drain the tuna well & add to TM, along with the paprika, egg, lemon juice, salt & pepper
Mix for 10 secs / speed 2
Scrape down the bowl and repeat
Heat the oil in a pan - at least 2 cm deep
Scoop up a tablespoon of mixture into your hand and roll into a ball
Coat well in mielie meal
Place into the heated oil so it immediately starts cooking
Turn after 30 seconds to make sure all sides have been cooked. Don't let them stay in too long otherwise they will burn
Remove onto a wire rack with paper to soak up excess oil
Leave to cool slightly
Serve with Avo, Chilli & Basil mayo
Chilli, Tuna & Veggie Bites
Don't allow the tuna mixture to stand for a long time as it becomes very watery with the zucchini.
As soon as you've prepared the mixture, roll into balls, coat with mielie meal & get them into the frying pan
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gluten Free Choc Chip Cookies
- Penny’s protein packed choc chip cookies
- Hillbilly's Special Non Fried Rice
- Healthy Banana Flapjacks
- Gluten Free Buttercake
- 60 minute lunch rolls
- Date and Walnut Roll
- Variation Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Hunters Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Old fashioned Vanilla tea cake
- Avocado Chocolate Bread- from Living Healthy with Chocolate
- Malt loaf