- 1 brown onion, peeled, halved
- 1 Garlic clove, peeled
- 1 small rosemary sprig
- 40 g olive oil
- 350 g diced beetroot, unpeeled
- 150 g diced potato of choice, &/or parsnip, unpeeled
- 1 tbsp TM vegetable stock
- 600 g water
- 100 g raw cashews, soaked & rinsed
- to taste ground pepper or chopped herbs
Place onion, garlic & rosemary leaves in TM bowl. Chop 3 sec/spd 7.
Add oil & saute 4 min/100C/spd 1.
Add beetroot, potato/parsnip, stock & water to bowl. Cook 17 min/100C/spd 1.
Blend 30 sec/spd 8, gradually increasing from spd 1 to 8.
Add cashews and blend 30 sec/spd 8, gradually from spd 1 to 8. Check consistency, repeat if needed.
Garnish with pepper or herbs.
To make a nut free version, replace cashews with yoghurt, cream or preferred substitute.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Green goodness soup
- Potato Soup
- Roasted pumpkin and carrot soup
- Cauliflower and brocolli soup
- Roast Pumpkin, Garlic & Corn soup with Caramelised Onion
- Cream of Brocolli Soup
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup