- 1 brown onion, peeled, halved
- 1 Garlic clove, peeled
- 1 small rosemary sprig
- 40 g olive oil
- 350 g diced beetroot, unpeeled
- 150 g diced potato of choice, &/or parsnip, unpeeled
- 1 tbsp TM vegetable stock
- 600 g water
- 100 g raw cashews, soaked & rinsed
- to taste ground pepper or chopped herbs
Place onion, garlic & rosemary leaves in TM bowl. Chop 3 sec/spd 7.
Add oil & saute 4 min/100C/spd 1.
Add beetroot, potato/parsnip, stock & water to bowl. Cook 17 min/100C/spd 1.
Blend 30 sec/spd 8, gradually increasing from spd 1 to 8.
Add cashews and blend 30 sec/spd 8, gradually from spd 1 to 8. Check consistency, repeat if needed.
Garnish with pepper or herbs.
To make a nut free version, replace cashews with yoghurt, cream or preferred substitute.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower & Wild Rice Soup
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- French Onion Soup - Variation for (V) (VG)
- Emergency Lentil Soup
- Vegetable and Red Lentil Soup
- Left Over Chicken Soup
- Quick Asian Noodle soup
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese