- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 100 grams bacon, torn to 5cm lengths
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, (i use Keens curry powder)
- 800 grams pumpkin, chopped to 3x3cm cubes (including skin and seeds if you like!)
- 200 grams potato, chopped to 3x3cm cubes (including skins)
- 500 grams water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock concentrate, (or chicken stock paste)
- 100 g cream, (or milk), optional
- Chopped chives
Add onion, garlic and bacon to Thermomix bowl. Chop 4 secs / sp 5. Scrape down edges and add olive oil and curry powder (you could use more if you like). Saute 3 mins / Varoma temp / Sp 1.
Add pumpkin, potato and up to 500g of water (don't go over the maximum level on the jug!). Don't worry if it looks like there isn't enough liquid added as a lot of liquid will come out of the vegetables while cooking!) Add stock concentrate and cook 25-30 mins / 100° / Sp 1.
SLOWLY turn the speed dial up to Sp 4 until balanced and no longer vibrating. Once settled, slowly turn speed dial up to Sp 9 / 1 min. Add cream and combine 5 secs / sp 4. Pour into Thermoserver and top with chopped chives. Enjoy with crusty bread.
Accessories you need
I have been making this soup for years and recently converted it to Thermomix language... the thing I love most is how silky smooth it becomes after being blitzed in the Thermomix. Heaven... CAUTION: Please ensure that the jug is not overly filled (anything above the 2 litre mark can cause serious burns when you are blitzing the soup smooth)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Tuscan Bean Soup modified
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Trahana Tomato Soup
- Keto Friendly Seafood Chowder
- Cauliflower soup with coconut milk
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Savoury Crackers
- Spicy Capsicum and Feta Zucchetti (spiralised Zucchini "spaghetti")
- Egg Drop Soup with Shredded Chicken
- Chicken Stock Paste
- Mulligatawny Soup (Curried Chicken and Rice Soup)
- Carola's Brussels Sprout Delight
- Carola's Cauliflower Soup
- Gulab Jamun
- Spinach and Tuna Lasagne
- Mango & Pistachio Icecream Log
- Pita Bread Pockets
- Shoarma (Shawarma)
- Bread & Butter Pickles
- Vegan Brazilian 'No-Cheese' Puffs
- Chelsea Winter’s Afghan Biscuits
- Plant Paradox Pesto
- Bakso Goreng (Fried Meatball)
- Japanese cotton cheesecake
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Chocolate Scottish Tablet (Crumbly Chocolate Fudge)
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Vegan Lemon Curd
- Macadmia Nut tartlets