THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 6 sweet corn cobs
- grapeseed oil, for coating
- 1000 g water
- 600 g sweet corn, kernals only (reserved from making the corn stock)
- grapeseed oil, for coating
- 300 g sweet corn stock
- 200 g Milk
- 150 g Pouring Cream
- sea salt flakes, to season
- 1800 g water
- 6 70g XL free range eggs
- sea salt flakes
- extra virgin olive oil
- 120 g sheep milk pecorino, cut into pieces
- 220 g gluten free flour
- 200 g blanched almonds
- 100 g butter, cold and in pieces
- 3 bunches coriander, including stalks, roughly chopped
- 300 g Grapeseed Oil
- micro coriander, to garnish
Coat the sweet corn with oil, place onto direct flames to char the kernels.
Cut the kernels off the corn and set aside for Corn soup.
Place corn cobs and water into mixing bowl and cook 30 min/100°C/speed1.
Strain using simmering basket and set aside.
Place the corn kernels, corn stock, milk and cream into mixing bowl and cook 15 min/90°C/Reverse/speed 1.
Blend on 1 min/speed 10 and season to taste. Set aside in ThermoServer to keep warm. You may wish to strain for a finer end result.
Place water into mixing bowl.
Place eggs into simmering basket and insert simmering basket into mixing bowl. Cook 60 min/60°C/speed 1.
Remove eggs from basket and set aside to cool.
Preheat oven to 160°C.
Line baking tray with baking paper.
Place cheese in mixing bowl and grate 5 sec/speed 8. Set aside.
Place almonds in mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10.
Add reserved cheese, gluten free flour and butter and combine 10 sec/speed 3. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat.
Place mixture onto lined baking tray and bake for 30 mins. Making sure to fork the mixture through every 10 mins to cook evenly.
Place ingredients into mixing bowl and cook 15 min/50°C/speed 10.
Strain through a nut milk bag and keep the coriander oil cool to retain its vivid green colour.
Pour soup into a wide shallow bowl.
Crack warmed slow cooked egg into small side bowl. Season egg with salt and gently place the egg into the soup.
Sprinkle a spoonful of the pecorino crumble onto the soup.
Garnish with coriander oil and micro coriander.
Sweet corn stock
Slow cooked hen’s egg
Accessories you need
My preferred local products in South Eastern Queensland to use in this recipe are:
- Scenic Rim sweet corn cobs
- Towri sheep milk pecorino
This recipe captures a taste of the Scenic Rim in South Eastern Queensland. Corn, eggs, sheep milk pecorino cheese and coriander all grow wonderfully well in this magnificent part of Queensland. The saltiness and texture of the crumble and the aroma of the coriander balance out the smoky sweetness and the richness of the corn and egg.
If you do not reside in Queensland and are unable to source these ingredients, please feel free to substitute them for what's available at your local shops.
For a cheat's version of cooking the eggs:
1. Place water into mixing bowl and cook 10 min/70°C/speed 1.
2. Place eggs into simmering basket. Insert simmering basket and cook 10 min/70°C/speed 1.
3. Remove eggs from basket and set aside to cool.
This recipe was demonstrated by Josh Lopez at ThermoFest'15, the Thermomix annual national conference.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken & Turmeric Broth (Blade Cover)
- Kombu Dashi/Katsuo Kombu Dashi (Dried Kelp/Bonito Stock)
- Thai Zucchini Coconut Soup
- Thicken fish soup with tomatoes and eggs
- FRESH OR FROZEN PEA AND HAM SOUP
- Coconut curried pumpkin and sweet potato soup
- ASIAN CHICKEN SOUP
- Kale and Zucchini Soup
- Moroccan Carrot Soup With Chorizo
- Spicy Pumpkin and Mushroom Soup
- Treens Thai Pumpkin & Kumera Soup
- Beetroot Soup
- Corn Bread
- THERMOMUMMA PIZZA DOUGH (WITH SOURDOUGH OPTION)
- autumn.kitchen Sourdough Sandwich Loaf
- “Puppy Tails” Chocolate balls
- Apple Banana and Nut Cookies
- Cranberry & White Chocolate Bliss Balls
- Gluten Free Challah
- Butter Chicken Risotto
- My dad Bill's curried chicken
- Hot Smoked salmon pasta
- Luke's Tortillas
- Honey Soy Chicken Roll