- 2 tins chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed (1-2 cm)
- 5 medium leeks, or 2 large leeks, roughly chopped
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 knob of butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2-3 tsp veggie stock paste, or to taste
- salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 20-30 g parmesan cheese, to serve
- extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- 850 g water
Grate parmesan for 10 seconds on speed 8. Set aside.
Place garlic in TM bowl and chop for 2-3 seconds on speed 7. Add leeks and chop for 1-2 seconds on speed 6. You might need to chop the leeks in two batches – just chop half and then add the other half and chop, leaving the first half in the TM bowl.
Add oil and butter and sauté garlic and leeks for 7 minutes on + speed 1.5 on Varoma temperature.
Add chickpeas, cubed potato, stock paste and water (or enough water to reach 2L). Cook for 15-20 minutes on + speed 1 at 100˚C or until potato is cooked through. Drop the temperature to 90˚C if the soup starts to bubble too much, or sit the rice basket on top to reduce spatter.
Season to taste then pour half to two thirds of the soup into a Thermoserver or serving bowl. Blend the remaining soup for 40-50 seconds by slowly going from speed 1 to speed 9. Add blended soup to chunky soup and stir.
Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with a good drizzle of EVOO, grated (or shaved) parmesan cheese and freshly cracked pepper. Serve with crusty bread.
By only blending some of the soup you end up with a lovely smooth consistency with a bit of texture. You can alter the proprtion that you blend to taste.
Original recipe from The Naked Chef, by Jamie Oliver.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Roast Vegetable Soup
- Radish soup
- Nat's perfect pumpkin soup
- Roasted Butternut Pumpkin Soup
- Tuscan bean soup
- Potato, bacon and leek soup
- Mushroom Cappuccino with flavoured oil
- Thai Vegetable Soup
- Sweet Potato, Leek and Bacon Soup
- Chinese Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup
- Creamy Mushroom Soup
- FODMAP friendly Lemon and coconut chicken soup
- Quinoa cornbread (or muffins or slice)
- Healthy(ier) Monte Carlo Biscuits
- Lemon Curd and Blueberry Streusel Cake
- Rhubarb Ginger and Orange Sorbet
- Slow cooked lamb madras curry
- Roasted Green Chicken Curry
- Cheesy Pumpkin and Caraway Pan Scones
- Jude Blereau's World Peace Bars
- Baklava Muffins
- Vanilla Sugar Biscuits
- Shortbread Stars
- Boules de Neige (Snowballs)