- 200 g Dried Black Beans
- 1100 g water
- 200 g brown onion, cut into quarters
- 3 garlic cloves
- 30 g oil
- 1 fresh red chillie, deseeded and cut into halves, plus extra for garnishing
- 150 g bacon, cut into cubes (1 cm)
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- fresh chives, to serve
- fried crackling, to serve
- bread, to serve
- 1 small green capsicum
- 2 stalks Celery
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place a bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh beans and 500g of the water into it. Set aside to soak for 12 hours or overnight.
Place onion, garlic, capsicum, celery, oil and chilli into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5.
Add bacon and bay leaf and cook 7 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add soaked beans with soaking liquid, remaining 600 g water and salt and cook 30 min/Vaoma/speed 1.
Carefully remove the bay lieaf, then blend 1 min/speed 4-7, increasing speed gradually from speed 3 to speed 7. Garnish with chives and extra chilli, then serve with crackling and bread.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Vegetarian Minestone
- Creamy cauliflower soup
- Coconut Pumpkin Soup
- Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Zucchini and Potato Soup
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup
- Spicy zucchini soup
- Pumpkin Soup
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Pineapple, Mango & Coconut Cookies (no sugar)
- The best beef burger patties-Gluten free
- Strawberry Mint Lemonade
- Cheat's sourdough
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- onion sauce
- Basic Baleada
- CWA Afghan Biscuits
- Smooth Peanut Butter
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls