- 200 g Dried Black Beans
- 1100 g water
- 200 g brown onion, cut into quarters
- 3 garlic cloves
- 30 g oil
- 1 fresh red chillie, deseeded and cut into halves, plus extra for garnishing
- 150 g bacon, cut into cubes (1 cm)
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- fresh chives, to serve
- fried crackling, to serve
- bread, to serve
- 1 small green capsicum
- 2 stalks Celery
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place a bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh beans and 500g of the water into it. Set aside to soak for 12 hours or overnight.
Place onion, garlic, capsicum, celery, oil and chilli into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5.
Add bacon and bay leaf and cook 7 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add soaked beans with soaking liquid, remaining 600 g water and salt and cook 30 min/Vaoma/speed 1.
Carefully remove the bay lieaf, then blend 1 min/speed 4-7, increasing speed gradually from speed 3 to speed 7. Garnish with chives and extra chilli, then serve with crackling and bread.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Lentil Soup
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- VEGAN Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Yummy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Variation Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Curry Pea Soup
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Pumpkin and Leek Soup
- Creamy broccoli leek and ham soup
- Beef Stew just like nans.