- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 1 Medium leek, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 20 g olive oil
- 450 g corn kernels, (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, (or 1.5 tsp dried)
- 1.5 tablespoon stock paste
- 750 g water
- 150 g cream
- 1-2 Chipotle in Adobo Sauce, minced (use 2 if you like spicy food!)
1. Place onion, leeks and garlic into thermomix bowl.
2. Chop on speed 5 for 5 seconds.
3. Scrape down bowl, and chop for another 2 seconds on speed 5.
4. Scrape down, and add olive oil.
5. Saute 2 minutes at 100 degrees on speed 2.
6. Add corn and thyme.
7. Saute 6 minutes at 100 degrees on speed 2.
8. Add stock paste and water.
9. Cook 15 minutes at 100 degrees on speed 1.
10. Blend at speed 7 over 20 seconds by slowly increasing the speed. Blend for less time for a more chunky texture, or for longer for more of a smooth soup.
11. Add cream and peppers.
12. Mix at speed 2 for 1 minute.
13. Taste for seasoning, add salt and/or black pepper if needed.
Serve hot, with a slice of buttered toast!
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
Garnish with fresh chives or Italian parsley.
Can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Variations: add cooked shredded chicken and/or leftover boiled potatoes at step 11 and heat for a couple of minutes.
Chipotles in adobo can be found in international food stores. You can freeze the leftover chillies in individual portions. If you can't find them, try substituting with a pinch of chilli flakes and some smoky paprika added at step 8 (the flavour won't be as good, though!).
For a more fancy flavour: roast the corn kernels in the oven at 190 degrees C for 25 minutes with a drizzle of olive oil, instead of sauteing in the thermomix.
Inspired by and converted to thermomix from //www.theperfectpantry.com/2016/04/recipe-corn-chowder-with-chipotle-cream-soup.html
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nanna's Vegetable Soup
- Curried Kumera Soup
- Smoked hock-bone soup
- Grandma's Pumpkin Soup
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- Amazing Vegetable Soup
- GF Pea and Ham Soup
- Rima’s Maryam Mounajed’s ChefItUp’s Lentil Soup
- 20 min Quick & Easy Leek, potato & Lentil Soup
- Pumpkin soup
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- MN Teta's Hamid Soup