- 400 grams pumpkin, cubed roughly
- 400 grams sweet potato, cubed roughly
- 250 carrots, cubed roughly
- 1 level tablespoon curry powder
- 1 brown onion, cut roughly
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock paste, substitute vegetable paste for vegetarian option or 500mls store bought vegetable stock
- 1 sachet french onion soup mix
- 500 grams water
- 300 grams cream, reserve some for garnish
- chives, to garnish
- pepper, to taste + garnish
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Roughly cut onion and place in bowl with garlic glove. Chop on speed 7 for 5secs. Scrape down sides and repeat if needed then add curry powder.
2. Saute for 3mins @ 100c, speed 1.
3. Add pumpkin, potato, carrots, stock, water, soup mix in the bowl and cook for 20mins @ 100c, speed 1.
4. Puree for 2min gradually increasing speed from 1-7.
5. Add cream and mix for 2mins @ 100c on speed 2
6. Serve with garnish of cream, chives and pepper
7. Dont forget the crusty fresh bread or toast
Pumpkin and sweet potato soup
If sweet potato and carrots are well washed there is no need to peel them to retain more of the nutrients.
French onion soup mix is not neccesary and can be left out without really effecting the flavour
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- French Onion Soup - Variation for (V) (VG)
- Emergency Lentil Soup
- Vegetable and Red Lentil Soup
- Left Over Chicken Soup
- Quick Asian Noodle soup
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese
- Prawn & Chicken Laksa
- Vegetarian Lasagne
- Creamy Satay Chicken Risotto
- Chicken Fusilli in creamy white wine sauce
- Arroz Con Pollo Risotto
- Paleo savoury muffins
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Multigrain wholemeal jumbo loaf
- Tuna Risotto
- Jude's Mac N Cheese
- Nut Free Life Changing Loaf of Bread