Easy Chilli & Lentil Soup
- 1/3 bunch Coriander
- 1 tspn Ginger powder or 5 cm cube fresh
- 1 Medium onion
- 1 Red chilli (small)
- 1 clove Garlic
- 30g Butter
- 1 tin Lentils drained
- 2 tablespoons Thermomix veggie stock
- 1/2 level teaspoon Cardamom (optional)
- 1/2 level teaspoon Tumeric
- 600 grams Water
- 1/2 can Coconut cream (or quantity desired)
35minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking 25min
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add coriander, chop 5 seconds, speed 7, set aside as a garnish
2. Add onion, garlic, chilli and ginger, chop 10 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl.
3. Add butter, sauté 3 mins, 120C, speed 1.
4. Add lentils, cardamom, tumeric, veggie stock and water, cook 20 mins, 100C, speed 1.
5. Add coconut milk and blend 1 min/speed 5 increasing gradually to speed 9.
6. Serve with chopped coriander.
1. Any colour lentils can be used. I used brown.
2. Add coconut milk to suit personal taste.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- AFRICAN CARROT SOUP
- Immuno-stimulant Potato and Leek Soup
- Oriental poached chicken and bok choy soup
- Mexican Bean Vegetable Soup
- Congee with pork mince
- Corn and Cauliflower Potage
- Fresh tomato soup
- Potato Corn and Bacon Chowder
- Low FODMAP Vegan Zucchini Soup
- Pumpkin and coconut soup
- Hillbilly's Potato & Leek Soup
- Chicken and Corn Soup TM5
- Alkalising Green Smoothie
- Low Salicylate Carob Sweet Potato Brownies
- Variation Roast Chicken with Spice Rub & Stuffing
- Anzac Caramel Slice
- Jam tart daisies
- Easy Peasy Vanilla Cupcakes by Domestic Thermominx
- Gluten Free Pizza Base x2
- Pineapple coconut cake
- Chicken Casserole
- Potato Bake
- Oat & Coconut Cookies Gluten, Dairy & Sugar free
- Mexican Style meat stack