- 1/3 bunch coriander
- 1 tspn Ginger powder or 5 cm cube fresh
- 1 medium onion
- 1 Red chilli (small)
- 1 clove garlic
- 30g Butter
- 1 tin Lentils drained
- 2 tablespoons Thermomix veggie stock
- 1/2 level teaspoon Cardamom (optional)
- 1/2 level teaspoon tumeric
- 600 grams water
- 1/2 can Coconut cream (or quantity desired)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add coriander, chop 5 seconds, speed 7, set aside as a garnish
2. Add onion, garlic, chilli and ginger, chop 10 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl.
3. Add butter, sauté 3 mins, 120C, speed 1.
4. Add lentils, cardamom, tumeric, veggie stock and water, cook 20 mins, 100C, speed 1.
5. Add coconut milk and blend 1 min/speed 5 increasing gradually to speed 9.
6. Serve with chopped coriander.
1. Any colour lentils can be used. I used brown.
2. Add coconut milk to suit personal taste.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese
- Prawn & Chicken Laksa
- Chicken & sweet corn soup
- Best Ever Creamy Tomato & Bacon Soup
- Chicken and Corn Noodle Soup
- Autumn Spiced Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Califlower soup with parmesen and bacon dust
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup
- Pizza Scrolls
- Tuna Mornay
- Lemon Curd Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting
- Lemon Curd
- Chicken Paella
- Redskin Fudge
- Garden vegetables tagliatelle
- Impossible Pie
- Lamb Saag Curry (FODMAP friendly)
- Apple, Pear and Strawberry Purée - ThermieBub
- Strawberry and Banana Purée - ThermieBub
- Carrot and Zucchini Purée - ThermieBub