- 1/3 bunch coriander
- 1 tspn Ginger powder or 5 cm cube fresh
- 1 medium onion
- 1 Red chilli (small)
- 1 clove garlic
- 30g Butter
- 1 tin Lentils drained
- 2 tablespoons Thermomix veggie stock
- 1/2 level teaspoon Cardamom (optional)
- 1/2 level teaspoon tumeric
- 600 grams water
- 1/2 can Coconut cream (or quantity desired)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add coriander, chop 5 seconds, speed 7, set aside as a garnish
2. Add onion, garlic, chilli and ginger, chop 10 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl.
3. Add butter, sauté 3 mins, 120C, speed 1.
4. Add lentils, cardamom, tumeric, veggie stock and water, cook 20 mins, 100C, speed 1.
5. Add coconut milk and blend 1 min/speed 5 increasing gradually to speed 9.
6. Serve with chopped coriander.
1. Any colour lentils can be used. I used brown.
2. Add coconut milk to suit personal taste.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower & Wild Rice Soup
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- French Onion Soup - Variation for (V) (VG)
- Emergency Lentil Soup
- Vegetable and Red Lentil Soup
- Left Over Chicken Soup
- Quick Asian Noodle soup
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese
- Malt loaf
- Healthy Coconut & Oat Slice
- Varoma Porridge for one
- Bolognaise Sauce - Smooth
- Apple and Date Hot Cross Buns
- Cheese and bacon bread
- Heavenly Hot Cross Buns
- Mangoffee Protein Shake
- My Version of Sous Vide Eggs
- Cheesecake filled Easter eggs
- My Version of Perfect No-Split Hollandaise
- Perfect Pizza Dough - one serving