- 200 grams red lentils
- 400 grams Tin crushed tomatoes
- 1000 grams water
- 2 teaspoons Madras curry powder, (or other)
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Stock Paste Concentrate
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place all ingredients into mixing bowl. Cook for 20 min/100ºC/speed 2.
Garnish with herbs if desired.
Emergency Lentil Soup
Accessories you need
Do you ever have those “OMG I forgot to make dinner!” moments? Wouldn’t it be good to have a healthy pantry meal always on hand that you could get on the table in 20 minutes?
This is that dish, literally created in one of those moments when… “Whoops, who are these hungry people asking me what’s for dinner? Gah!” I stood at the pantry, umming and ahhing then said more or less confidently, “lentil and tomato soup.” We’ve had it countless times since – even sometimes by plan!
• Replace the tinned tomatoes with passata if desired.
• Replace curry powder with sweet paprika if desired.
Watch the video here
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Tuscan Bean Soup modified
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Trahana Tomato Soup
- Keto Friendly Seafood Chowder
- Cauliflower soup with coconut milk
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Blanch Vegetables
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Beef Ragu
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Pickled Beetroot
- My mum’s Mauritian Poutou