- 6 brown onions, Thinly sliced
- 1 level tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 level tablespoons Butter
- 1 1/2 heaped teaspoons Brown Sugar.
- salt & pepper, To Taste
- 3 heaped tablespoons Plain White Flour
- 6 cups Beef stock
- 1 cup wine (red or white)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 level teaspoon Ground Sage
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, Grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, Grated
- 1 heaped tablespoon cognac, Optional
- 1 Loaf day old bread, Cut bread into Bite size cubes
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
2h 30minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
1. Place Gruyere and Parmesan in thermomix and grate 6 seconds / speed 7. Transfer into another bowl and set aside.
2. Place butter into mixing bowl and heat up 1 min/6 seconds/speed 1
3. Add onions and chop 6 seconds/ speed 4 and saute 5 mins/100C/ speed 1.
4. Add Sugar to onions and continue cooking until onions turn a caramel colour.
5. Add Flour and mix 10 secs//speed 4. Mixture should thicken*
6. Add remaining ingrediants and cook 2 hours/ 100C// speed 2.
7. If serving straightaway Pour soup into heat proof bowls, top with layer of croutons in middle grate extra gruyere on top and place under grill till cheese has melted. Serve.
Place bread cubes in roasting tray. sprinkle olive oil over top. cover with generous amounts of salt & pepper and ROast at 200C till croutons are crunchy and a golden colour.
* If mixture doesn't thicken add 1 tbsp more of butter and 1 tbsp more of flour and beat for extra 30 secs
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Amazing Vegetable Soup
- GF Pea and Ham Soup
- Rima’s Maryam Mounajed’s ChefItUp’s Lentil Soup
- 20 min Quick & Easy Leek, potato & Lentil Soup
- Pumpkin soup
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- MN Teta's Hamid Soup
- Grießklöschensuppe (German Dumpling soup)
- Kath's Chicken, Ginger and Turmeric Soup with Pearl Couscous
- Coconut and Pea Soup
- Sopa de tomate com ovo escalfado
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- The best Brownie Recipe
- Wholefood Cacao / Hot Chocolate
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Cinnamon Star Bread
- Sugar Cookies
- Easter Egg Buns
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Boobie Biscuits
- Gluten Free Baked Donuts
- Apricot, Pinenut and Rosemary Shortbread Gluten Free
- Fig Honey Almond Tart
- Savoury Scones