- 500 g cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1 brown onion, cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic
- 60 g olive oil
- 40 g Butter
- 600 g water
- 1 tsp Vegetable stock paste
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches pepper
1h 30minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line two baking trays with baking paper
2. Add onion and garlic to mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7, MC in place. Scrape down sides of bowl
3. Add cabbage and chop 10-12 sec/speed 4 using spatula through the hole in the lid to ensure that all cabbage is chopped
4. Add olive oil and mix 5 sec/speed 3
5. Place cabbage mix onto prepared oven trays (see image in tips), flattening out with aid of the spatula and place into oven. Cook for a total of 60 mins. After 30 mins, remove from oven and mix cabbage on the trays to move browned outer edges towards the middle. Return to oven and cook for final 30 mins
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Add butter and cabbage to mixing bowl and cook 1 min/120 degrees C/speed 1, MC in place
7. Add 500 g water and vegetable stock paste and cook 10 min/100 degrees C/speed 1, MC in place
8 Add remaining 100 g water, salt and pepper and blend 1 min/speed 5, slowing increasing the speed to speed 9, MC in place. Serve immediately or place in fridge until ready to serve. Can also be frozen
Make sure during the baking of the cabbage that it does not burn around the edges. Turn oven temperature down if this starts to happen.
To add more fat to this recipe, add 100 ml of cream instead of the extra water in step 8.
This recipe will serve 4 entree sizes or 2 main sizes.[[wysiwyg_imageupload:1675:]]
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Keto Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Layelle’s Turkish Lentil Soup
- Pumpkin Soup
- Creamy Corn and Cauliflower Soup
- Goulash Soup, German Style
- Curried Cream of Vegetable Soup
- Simple hearty pumpkin soup
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Leek potato soup
- Sweetcorn and Potato Chowder
- Creamy pumkin soup
- Italian focaccia - Paleo, LCHF, Grain free, Sugar free, Nut free and Gluten free
- LCHF, Paleo Chilli Cauliflower Rice
- Better than Nonna's Bolognese
- LCHF, Paleo, Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Nut Free buns
- LCHF Salmon Rissoles, Gluten Free
- LCHF Chocolate Nutty Crunch, Dairy Free with Paleo option
- Paleo, Vegan, Refined Sugar Free Banana Ice Cream
- Meat and three veg
- LCHF Cauliflower Mash
- Paleo Chocolate Ice Cream (Dairy free, Sugar free, Nut free)
- LCHF Creamy Cauliflower Rice
- Dairy free, Almond milk chocolate panna cotta (using home made almond milk)