- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Large Brown Onions, Peeled &amp;amp; cut in half
- 2 garlic cloves, Peeled
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 500 grams orange sweet potato, peeled and roughly chopped into 2cm pieces
- 200 grams carrots, roughly chopped into coins
- 3 teaspoons TM Concentrated Vegetable Stock, (see the everyday cookbook)
- 1000 grams water
- 1 can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 small lemon
Place Cumin, Coriander & chilli into a dry TM bowl and toast seeds 3 minutes / 100 degrees /Speed 1
Mill 1 minute / Speed 10
Remove spices and set aside.
Place onion & Garlic into TM Chop 5 seconds/ Speed 6Add oil to the TM bowl, Saute 3 minutes /100 degrees/speed 1Add coriander, cumin and chilli powder and cook until fragrant 1 minute/ 100 degrees /Speed 1.Add sweet potato and carrot. Cook 5 minutes /100 degrees / speed 1 . Add concentrated veggie stock and the water, cook 25 minutes / 100 degrees / Speed 1 Add chickpeas to soup and simmer 10 minutes/ 100 degrees/ speed 1.
Slowly blend the soup by turning the speed dial slowly to 6 for 30 seconds, and eventually increase to speed 9 /1 minute.
Season with salt and pepper. Stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Ladle into bowls. Top with Sour cream, Parsley and Sprinkle with pepper. Serve.
Accessories you need
Serve with Sour cream or Natural Yoghurt and Coriander
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dumplings and broth
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Paleo Raw Chocolate and Beetroot Mudcake
- Poached pears with muesli, yoghurt, honey and strawberries
- Ginger, Spinach and Almond Green Smoothie
- Cucumber and Mint Green Smoothie
- No cook coconut vanilla yoghurt
- Acai, Banana, Coconut Green Smoothie
- Grain free breakfast burrito wrap
- Pinacolada Sorbet
- Chilli, Garlic and Lime Aioli
- Lemon Coconut breakfast bars (Gluten,dairy, refined sugar and egg free)
- Banana hemp Crunchy Museli
- Cacao, chia, cherry and pistachio breakfast smoothie