- 1 large brown onion cut in half
- 3 cloves garlic
- 30 g Butter
- 30 g olive oil
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, cut into chunks
- 1 carrot, cut into chunks
- 1 small sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 400 g diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- pinch salt
- 100 g brown rice
- 800 g chicken stock
- 400 g shredded chicken
- natural yoghurt, to serve
1h 10minPreparation 1h 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add onion, sp5/3secs
Add garlic, sp5/3secs
Add butter & oil, sp1/5mins/110deg
Add apple, carrot & sweet potato, sp5/7secs. The mixture should be homogenous and reasonably fine pieces (but not a paste).
Add tomatoes & spices, sp3/3secs to combine then sp1/2mins/110deg
Add stock & rice, /60mins/100deg
Once cooked, tip into thermoserver and stir through the shredded chicken. Serve with yoghurt and coriander.
Conversion of 'Mulligatawny Soup' from Adam's Big Pot by Adam Liaw. It may need fine tuning.
You could potentially steam the chicken in the varoma while the soup was cooking and shred it once the soup was finished.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Low carb fathead dough
- Variation Bullet Proof Coffee
- Baked Falafel Bites
- creamy parmesan sauce or dip
- Garlicky Chicken and Spring Vegetable Risotto
- Bacon & Cheese Rolls - Mixquisite
- Zopf (Swiss Milk Bread)
- Apple-Cinnamon Choc Chip Muffin
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE CAKE/CUPCAKE
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!