- 80 g Gruyere cheese, cut into pieces
- 20 g butter or 2 tbsp duck fat
- 500 g onions, peeled, cut into halves
- 20 g flour
- 200 g white wine
- 800 g water
- 1 cube chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 pinches of pepper
- 12 slices of baguette, dry
Place Gruyere cheese into mixing bowl and grate 6 sec/speed 7, transfer into bowl and set aside.
Place butter into mixing bowl and heat up 1 min/90C/speed 1.
Add onions and chop 6 sec/speed 4 and saute 5 min/100C/speed 1.
Add flour and mix 10 sec//speed 3.
Add white wine, water and chicken stock cube and cook 120 min/100C//speed 1. While cooking, preheat oven (grill) to 210C.
Season soup with salt and pepper and mix 20 sec//speed 1. Then pour into heat-proof soup bowls, place 2 baguette slices on top and sprinkle with grated Gruyere cheese. Place soup bowls int the oven until cheese is melted and slighyly brown. Serve immediately.
This is from our International cookbook "My Way of Cooking".
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
- CORN CHOWDER
- Variation Tomato Soup
- Broccoli and Kale Soup
- Green goodness soup
- Potato Soup
- Roasted pumpkin and carrot soup
- Cauliflower and brocolli soup
- Roast Pumpkin, Garlic & Corn soup with Caramelised Onion
- Cream of Brocolli Soup
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen