- 80 g Gruyere cheese, cut into pieces
- 20 g butter or 2 tbsp duck fat
- 500 g onions, peeled, cut into halves
- 20 g flour
- 200 g white wine
- 800 g water
- 1 cube chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 pinches of pepper
- 12 slices of baguette, dry
Place Gruyere cheese into mixing bowl and grate 6 sec/speed 7, transfer into bowl and set aside.
Place butter into mixing bowl and heat up 1 min/90C/speed 1.
Add onions and chop 6 sec/speed 4 and saute 5 min/100C/speed 1.
Add flour and mix 10 sec//speed 3.
Add white wine, water and chicken stock cube and cook 120 min/100C//speed 1. While cooking, preheat oven (grill) to 210C.
Season soup with salt and pepper and mix 20 sec//speed 1. Then pour into heat-proof soup bowls, place 2 baguette slices on top and sprinkle with grated Gruyere cheese. Place soup bowls int the oven until cheese is melted and slighyly brown. Serve immediately.
This is from our International cookbook "My Way of Cooking".
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Feijoa Bakewell tart
- Little piggy faces
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)