- 1 brown onion, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 30 g olive oil
- 3 medium parsnips (approx. 450g), peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 medium desiree potatoes (approx. 360g), peeled and roughly chopped
- 1000 g water
- 2 tablespoon vegetable stock concentrate
- 120 g cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped chives, to serve
Place garlic and onion in bowl, chop 3 sec/sp7.
Add oil and saute 3 mins/Varoma/sp1.
Add stock and water, then insert basket into bowl and add roughly chopped potatoes and parsnips into basket.
Cook for 20 mins/Varoma/Sp3.
Once cooked, use spatula to empty basket contents into bowl. Blend for 45-60 sec on speed 9, gradually increasing speed from speed 1 to speed 9.
Add cream and stir through for 15sec/sp3.
Serve with crumbled feta (I used Danish), chopped chives and cracked black pepper.
I also served the soup with Cyndi O'Meara's Gluten Free Bread, which I rubbed with some garlic, added a small amount of butter and grilled until golden while the soup was cooking.
(Recipe adapted from //www.taste.com.au/recipes/9405/parsnip+potato+soup+with+feta, but the Thermomix chops 15 minutes off their prep/cooking time! Not to mention less washing up )
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Vegetarian Minestone
- Creamy cauliflower soup
- Coconut Pumpkin Soup
- Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Zucchini and Potato Soup
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup
- Spicy zucchini soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Basil pesto
- Creamy spiced yoghurt dressing
- Smokey Bacon Dip
- Custard (like Paul’s)
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Surf & Turf Seafood Sauce
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Honey Sriracha Marinade
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- The best beef burger patties-Gluten free