- 1 brown onion, peeled and quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 fresh long red chilli, seeded
- 2 centimetres cm fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 500 grams pumpkin, peeled and roughly chopped
- 20 grams shrimp paste
- 750 grams water
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 200 grams coconut milk
- 8-12 scallops
- fresh coriander, chopped, to serve
Place onion, garlic, chilli and ginger into the mixing bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add coconut oil and sautè 3 mins/Varoma/speed 2.
Add pumpkin, shrimp paste, water, fish sauce and coconut milk to mixing bowl. Cook 15 min/100˚C/speed 1.
Blend soup 1 minute/speed 7, slowly increasing speed from speed 1 to speed 7.
Sear scallops in a non-stick frying pan over high heat for 1 minute on each side.
Divide soup among four warmed serving bowls and add 2 or 3 seared scallops to each bowl. Scatter with coriander leaves and serve immediately.
Pumpkin, Coconut and Scallop Soup
Accessories you need
Both the fish paste (also known as blachan) and fish sauce are ingredients that are available in most large supermarkets and in all Asian grocery stores.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Layelle’s Turkish Lentil Soup
- Pumpkin Soup
- Creamy Corn and Cauliflower Soup
- Goulash Soup, German Style
- Curried Cream of Vegetable Soup
- Simple hearty pumpkin soup
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Leek potato soup
- Sweetcorn and Potato Chowder
- Creamy pumkin soup
- Deb's tasty Cauliflower Soup