- 1 kg carrots, peeled & chopped in half along the length and width
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1-2 garlic cloves, skin left on
- 1 can coconut milk, (400ml)
- 500 g water
- 1 tbsp TM vegetable stock concentrate
- Few sprigs fresh coriander leaves
Turn on the oven to 180 degrees.
Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, or until cooked.
Add the roasted carrots and onion to the TM bowl.
Squeeze the garlic out from the skin and add to the bowl.
Add the coconut milk to the bowl.
Blend speed 6 / 5 secs
Add the water and stock concentrate to the TM bowl.
Add the coriander to the bowl.
Cook 5 mins / 90C / speed 3 until all incorporated and then speed 2
Finally, blend 30 secs / speed 8.
Serve with a small sprig of coriander as garnish.
Delicious also with ginger added at same time as carrots. Can either use 1 teaspoon commercial ginger paste (easiest) or 2 cm fresh ginger ( first chopped in TM 3 secs speed 6).
Roast carrot soup
You can add more water for a thinner soup consistency
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower & Wild Rice Soup
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- French Onion Soup - Variation for (V) (VG)
- Emergency Lentil Soup
- Vegetable and Red Lentil Soup
- Left Over Chicken Soup
- Quick Asian Noodle soup
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese