- 1 kg carrots, peeled & chopped in half along the length and width
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1-2 garlic cloves, skin left on
- 1 can coconut milk, (400ml)
- 500 g water
- 1 tbsp TM vegetable stock concentrate
- Few sprigs fresh coriander leaves
Turn on the oven to 180 degrees.
Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, or until cooked.
Add the roasted carrots and onion to the TM bowl.
Squeeze the garlic out from the skin and add to the bowl.
Add the coconut milk to the bowl.
Blend speed 6 / 5 secs
Add the water and stock concentrate to the TM bowl.
Add the coriander to the bowl.
Cook 5 mins / 90C / speed 3 until all incorporated and then speed 2
Finally, blend 30 secs / speed 8.
Serve with a small sprig of coriander as garnish.
Delicious also with ginger added at same time as carrots. Can either use 1 teaspoon commercial ginger paste (easiest) or 2 cm fresh ginger ( first chopped in TM 3 secs speed 6).
Roast carrot soup
You can add more water for a thinner soup consistency
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Turkish Lentil Soup
- Roasted Jalapeno / Jalapeño and Chicken Soup
- Roasted Jalapeño / Jalapeno Soup
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Dairy free creamy broccoli soup
- Noodle Soup Recipe
- Quick Pumpkin Soup
- Quick Vegetable Soup
- Creamy chicken and mushroom soup
- Ham and Cheese Soup
- Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Matt's Laksa Paste