- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 medium to large onion, around 180g cut into quarters
- 30 grams Butter
- 1/4 pumpkin cubed, (I used Jap pumpkin but you could use your own preference)
- 1/2 medium sweet potato cubed
- 500 grams water
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock
- 2 pinches salt, to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 or 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg, to taste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 40 grams coconut cream, or you could use 30g of cream or sower cream as a substitute
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, for roasting
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 180°C. Peel and cut pumpkin and sweet potato into 3-4cm cubes (around 800g in total). Place 1 tbsp. olive oil at the base of the roasting dish, add pumpkin sweet potato and cover with remaining olive oil. Roast in oven until tender (around 50-60 minutes). Cooking time may vary depending on oven.
Add garlic and onion to thermomix bowl. Insert measuring cup into lid, chop speed 5 for 5 seconds.
Scrape down sides of bowl, add 30g of butter. Insert measuring cup into mixing bowl lid. Saute 3 minutes 120°C speed 1.
Add roasted pumpkin and sweet potatoes, water and vegetable stock. Cook 10 minutes 100°C speed 1. Place basket on top of lid to prevent splatter.
Add salt and cracked pepper to taste (can add later if preferred this may vary on taste and your stock). Add nutmeg, curry powder and coconut cream. Insert measuring cup to lid. Blend 1 minute speed 5 SLOWLY increasing to speed 9.
Serve and garnish with fresh parsley.
After vegetables have been roasted:
To save time you can roast sweet potato and pumpkin the day before.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- French Onion Soup - Variation for (V) (VG)
- Emergency Lentil Soup
- Vegetable and Red Lentil Soup
- Left Over Chicken Soup
- Quick Asian Noodle soup
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese
- Prawn & Chicken Laksa
- Quinoa Granola
- Roasted capsicum & jalapeno hummus (low salt)
- Fruit Crumble Muffins
- Zesty ginger oat & coconut crunch
- Fluffiest Scones Ever
- Healthy Green Smoothie
- Fermented cucumbers
- Seedy Cherry-Quinoa Energy Bars
- Spicy Moroccan Lamb Stew
- Fresh Sweet Corn Fritters
- Beetroot Burgers
- Snickers Cheesecake