- 700 g roast veggies (pumpkin, sweet potato, carrot etc), you can top up your leftovers with extra pumpkin including the seeds and skin if using Butternut pumpkin
- 1 large onion
- 2 cm piece of fresh tumeric, optional
- 100 g Butter
- 70 g olive oil
- 1 tbsp (heaped) TM stock, adjust depending on your stock's salt content (my stock is made on half the qty of salt)
- 100 g Pouring Cream
- water to make up to 2 litre mark
This step is optional but it gives the soup an awesome flavour.
Add butter and 50 g oil to a frypan and saute veggies until surface is caramalied and brown (takes up to 5 mins)
note: if you have topped up with extra veggies they don't need to be cooked through in this step just browned.
Add onion and tumeric (if using) to TM bowl and chop 3sec/speed 7.
Use spatula to push down to bottom of the bowl and saute with remaining oil 3min/Varoma/speed 1
Add sauted veggies and chop 15 sec/speed 7 then push to bottom of the bowl.
Add stock and top up with water up to the 2litre mark on the bowl and cook 20 mins/100 deg/speed 1.
Add cream and blend 1min/speed 9 gradually turning dial up to 9.
Serve with warm bread for extra yum!
Saute Veggies in Butter
If you don't have leftover veggies just cut up your favourites and make the soup using fresh veggies. If using butternut pumpkin leave the skins and seeds in they will not be detected in the finished soup but add great nutritian.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut soup
- Lentil and chickpea soup
- Basic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Fresh Veg and Chicken Soup with Steamed Chicken
- Spicy sweet potato soup
- Thai Pumpkin and Kumara Soup
- Peanut Butter Curry soup
- Simple Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Veg Soup Recipe
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Graff - Macedonian Bean soup recipe
- Garlic Soup
- Green Tomato Chutney
- Musk Sticks
- Yorkshire Pudding
- Army Green 'Wake Me Up' Smoothie
- Curried (leftover) sausages with rice and veggies
- Chiko Rolls River Cottage Style
- Camembert Rolls
- Chestnutella (Chestnut chocolate spread)
- Chocolate and Chestnut Cake
- Sweet Chestnut Puree
- Egg & Dairy Free Choc Muffins
- Peach and Almond Crumble
- Muesli bars
- Fudgy Chocolate, Beetroot and Banana Cupcakes
- Variation Donna Hay's Salted Caramel and Vanilla Baked Cheesecake
- Applesauce muffins
- Cale's Crepes
- Thermo Cazza's Crumble Mixture
- FLUFFY WHOLEMEAL ROLLS
- Creamed Ruby Chard
- Buttermilk Bread Loaf
- Lemon and Passionfruit Curd
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free Cupcakes
- Chocolate Brownie