THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 500 g Roma tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons Garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 300 g semi-dried tomatoes (as above)
- 2 eschallots
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 20 g olive oil or ghee
- 30 g vegetable stock paste (no salt)*
- 600 g water
- Dried oregano and black pepper to serve
3h 50minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 150degC
- Line a flat baking tray with baking paper and place a rack on the tray (for the tomatoes to sit on)
- Slice the tomatoes in half lengthways, then arrange cut side up on the rack
- Mix all other ingredients in a small bowl and use a pastry brush to apply the olive oil mixture over all the tomatoes
- Bake for 2.5-3 hours
- Allow to cool.
- Can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Chop eschallots and garlic 3 seconds / speed 7
- Scrape down sides
- Add oil/ghee and sauté 3 minutes / varoma / speed 1
Add all other soup ingredients and cook 15 minutes / 100deg C / speed 2
- Blend 1 minute / speed 4-8, increasing gradually
- Serve hot, sprinkled with dried oregano and black pepper.
Roasted tomato soup
* Make Basic Cookbook vegetable stock paste, omitting the salt, then freeze in ice cube trays.
Converted from Emily George's "The No Salt Cookbook".
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup