THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 500 g Roma tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons Garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 300 g semi-dried tomatoes (as above)
- 2 eschallots
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 20 g olive oil or ghee
- 30 g vegetable stock paste (no salt)*
- 600 g water
- Dried oregano and black pepper to serve
3h 50minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 150degC
- Line a flat baking tray with baking paper and place a rack on the tray (for the tomatoes to sit on)
- Slice the tomatoes in half lengthways, then arrange cut side up on the rack
- Mix all other ingredients in a small bowl and use a pastry brush to apply the olive oil mixture over all the tomatoes
- Bake for 2.5-3 hours
- Allow to cool.
- Can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Chop eschallots and garlic 3 seconds / speed 7
- Scrape down sides
- Add oil/ghee and sauté 3 minutes / varoma / speed 1
Add all other soup ingredients and cook 15 minutes / 100deg C / speed 2
- Blend 1 minute / speed 4-8, increasing gradually
- Serve hot, sprinkled with dried oregano and black pepper.
Roasted tomato soup
* Make Basic Cookbook vegetable stock paste, omitting the salt, then freeze in ice cube trays.
Converted from Emily George's "The No Salt Cookbook".
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Tuscan Bean Soup modified
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Trahana Tomato Soup
- Keto Friendly Seafood Chowder
- Cauliflower soup with coconut milk
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Blanch Vegetables
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Beef Ragu
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Pickled Beetroot
- My mum’s Mauritian Poutou
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Sue's Secret Seedy Sheet Crackers