- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, Trimmed, Halved and Washed
- 800 g potatoes, Peeled and roughly chopped
- 1.1 litre water, Roughly 5 cups
- 2 tablespoon Chicken stock concentrate
- 1 can corn kernels, drained (420g), Or corn cut from two cobs
- 110 g thickened cream, Or 1/2 a cup
- 180 g Smoked Salmon, Roughly chopped
1. Add leek to bowl and chop for 2 seconds on speed 7. Scrape sides. You may need to repeat. Add oil and saute for 4 minutes, Varoma speed 1.
2. Add potatoes, water and stock to bowl and cook for 20 minutes, Varoma speed 1.5, with simmering basket on top instead of the MC. You may need to cook a further 10 minutes, depending on how large your potato chunks are. It turns out best if the potato is breaking apart at this point.
3. Process mixture for 30 seconds on speed 4-6. This is supposed to be chunky, however I always do mine on speed 6 to make it a lovely smooth texture.
4. Add to bowl the corn, cream and salmon. Mix for 1 minute, Varoma speed 3.5, then serve. Season to taste with pepper.
The less water that you add, the thicker the consistency of the chowder.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Potato, Leek and Bacon Soup
- Curried Choko & Bacon Soup
- Cauliflower & Bacon soup