THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 25 g garlic, peeled
- 15 g ginger, peeled
- 0.5 tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 160 g brown onion, cut into wedges (3-4 cm)
- 50 g olive oil
- 1 fresh chilli, cut into halves
- 1 tomato, cut into quarters
- 2 tsp sichuan peppercorns, (see Tips)
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp soy bean paste, (see Tips)
- 1 tsp spicy bean paste, (see Tips)
- 1500 g water
- 1-2 tbsp meat stock paste
- 125 g shaoxing wine
- 125 g soy sauce
- 200 g beef sirloin, cut into very thin slices
- dried rice noodles, cooked and refreshed
- 1 bunch bok choy, broken down into leaves
- 2 spring onions/shallots, cut into fine slices
- 1 Fresh long red chilli, cut into fine slices
- fresh coriander leaves, for garnishing
- Search Cookidoo for the "Sautéed onions (200 g) with garlic, ginger or chilli" recipe. Follow the Guided Cooking recipe, using the garlic, ginger, Chinese five spice, 30 g of the oil and the onion. Do not chop after cooking at High Temp.
- Search Cookidoo for the "Browned onions (200 g)" recipe. Add the remaining 20 g oil, chilli, tomato, white pepper, spices and both bean pastes, then follow the Guided Cooking recipe.
- Add water, stock paste, wine and soy sauce, then cook 20 min/80°C/speed 1.5.
- Place simmering basket onto mixing bowl lid and weigh beef into it. Add cooked noodles and bok choy to the simmering basket. Insert simmering basket, then cook 2-4 min/80°C/speed 1.5.
- Remove simmering basket with aid of spatula and divide contents between serving bowls. Ladle over the broth and garnish with spring onions/shallots, fresh chilli and coriander leaves.
You can find Sichuan peppercorns, soy bean paste and spicy bean paste at Asian food stores.
The beef will still be rare after cooking in Step 5, however you can cook it a bit longer if desired.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
- CORN CHOWDER
- Variation Tomato Soup
- Broccoli and Kale Soup
- Green goodness soup
- Potato Soup
- Roasted pumpkin and carrot soup
- Cauliflower and brocolli soup
- Roast Pumpkin, Garlic & Corn soup with Caramelised Onion
- Cream of Brocolli Soup
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- My favourite Hot Cross Buns
- Creamy garlic chicken
- Thick Yoghurt
- Keto LCHF seed Crackers
- Kazza’s Bolognaise Pasta sauce
- Variation Best Ever Oil Free Hummus
- Christmas Fruit Cake
- 19 Spritzer
- Rima’s Lebanese Rice
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
- Expresso Martini with Dalgona Coffee whip
- Pumpkin Puree (with seeds and skin) for Dogs