THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 25 g garlic, peeled
- 15 g ginger, peeled
- 0.5 tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 160 g brown onion, cut into wedges (3-4 cm)
- 50 g olive oil
- 1 fresh chilli, cut into halves
- 1 tomato, cut into quarters
- 2 tsp sichuan peppercorns, (see Tips)
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp soy bean paste, (see Tips)
- 1 tsp spicy bean paste, (see Tips)
- 1500 g water
- 1-2 tbsp meat stock paste
- 125 g shaoxing wine
- 125 g soy sauce
- 200 g beef sirloin, cut into very thin slices
- dried rice noodles, cooked and refreshed
- 1 bunch bok choy, broken down into leaves
- 2 spring onions/shallots, cut into fine slices
- 1 Fresh long red chilli, cut into fine slices
- fresh coriander leaves, for garnishing
- Search Cookidoo for the "Sautéed onions (200 g) with garlic, ginger or chilli" recipe. Follow the Guided Cooking recipe, using the garlic, ginger, Chinese five spice, 30 g of the oil and the onion. Do not chop after cooking at High Temp.
- Search Cookidoo for the "Browned onions (200 g)" recipe. Add the remaining 20 g oil, chilli, tomato, white pepper, spices and both bean pastes, then follow the Guided Cooking recipe.
- Add water, stock paste, wine and soy sauce, then cook 20 min/80°C/speed 1.5.
- Place simmering basket onto mixing bowl lid and weigh beef into it. Add cooked noodles and bok choy to the simmering basket. Insert simmering basket, then cook 2-4 min/80°C/speed 1.5.
- Remove simmering basket with aid of spatula and divide contents between serving bowls. Ladle over the broth and garnish with spring onions/shallots, fresh chilli and coriander leaves.
You can find Sichuan peppercorns, soy bean paste and spicy bean paste at Asian food stores.
The beef will still be rare after cooking in Step 5, however you can cook it a bit longer if desired.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- BB's Chicken & Corn Soup
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup - onion free
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Lemony lentils and silverbeet soup (aka adas b hamid)
- Curried Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Vegetable Soup for the Soul
- Cauliflower and Leek Soup
- Oma’s Goulash Soup
- Keto Cauliflower and Zucchini Soup
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Pork Pot Stickers
- Gluten Free Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Chicken rice paste
- Hainanese Chicken
- Pan Amasado - Chilean Bread Rolls
- Lemon Curd & Cream Cheese Scrolls with Vanilla glaze
- Chicken in Black Bean Sauce