THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 25 g garlic, peeled
- 15 g ginger, peeled
- 0.5 tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 160 g brown onion, cut into wedges (3-4 cm)
- 50 g olive oil
- 1 fresh chilli, cut into halves
- 1 tomato, cut into quarters
- 2 tsp sichuan peppercorns, (see Tips)
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp soy bean paste, (see Tips)
- 1 tsp spicy bean paste, (see Tips)
- 1500 g water
- 1-2 tbsp meat stock paste
- 125 g shaoxing wine
- 125 g soy sauce
- 200 g beef sirloin, cut into very thin slices
- dried rice noodles, cooked and refreshed
- 1 bunch bok choy, broken down into leaves
- 2 spring onions/shallots, cut into fine slices
- 1 Fresh long red chilli, cut into fine slices
- fresh coriander leaves, for garnishing
- Search Cookidoo for the "Sautéed onions (200 g) with garlic, ginger or chilli" recipe. Follow the Guided Cooking recipe, using the garlic, ginger, Chinese five spice, 30 g of the oil and the onion. Do not chop after cooking at High Temp.
- Search Cookidoo for the "Browned onions (200 g)" recipe. Add the remaining 20 g oil, chilli, tomato, white pepper, spices and both bean pastes, then follow the Guided Cooking recipe.
- Add water, stock paste, wine and soy sauce, then cook 20 min/80°C/speed 1.5.
- Place simmering basket onto mixing bowl lid and weigh beef into it. Add cooked noodles and bok choy to the simmering basket. Insert simmering basket, then cook 2-4 min/80°C/speed 1.5.
- Remove simmering basket with aid of spatula and divide contents between serving bowls. Ladle over the broth and garnish with spring onions/shallots, fresh chilli and coriander leaves.
You can find Sichuan peppercorns, soy bean paste and spicy bean paste at Asian food stores.
The beef will still be rare after cooking in Step 5, however you can cook it a bit longer if desired.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken & Turmeric Broth (Blade Cover)
- Kombu Dashi/Katsuo Kombu Dashi (Dried Kelp/Bonito Stock)
- Thai Zucchini Coconut Soup
- Thicken fish soup with tomatoes and eggs
- FRESH OR FROZEN PEA AND HAM SOUP
- Coconut curried pumpkin and sweet potato soup
- ASIAN CHICKEN SOUP
- Kale and Zucchini Soup
- Moroccan Carrot Soup With Chorizo
- Spicy Pumpkin and Mushroom Soup
- Treens Thai Pumpkin & Kumera Soup
- Beetroot Soup
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Vietnamese Steam fish with ginger and garlic
- Iced Coffee Syrup
- Sweet Potato and Red Kidney Bean stew with peanuts.
- Rissotto con Camarones y leche de coco
- Bunya Nut Fritters
- Elderberry Syrup
- Quick Pizza Scrolls
- Easy Brocoli Pasta
- KFC style coating
- Bean salad
- THERMOMUMMA PIZZA DOUGH (WITH SOURDOUGH OPTION)
- autumn.kitchen Sourdough Sandwich Loaf