THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 handful coriander stems
- 1 large brown onion, cut into halves
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 60 g coconut oil
- 350 g coconut cream
- 40 g lemon juice
- 30 g fish sauce, plus extra to taste
- 20 g palm sugar
- 0.5 tsp cayenne pepper or 1 red chilli minced (to taste)
- 500 g water
- 600 g peeled prawns
- sea salt, to taste
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place garlic, ginger and coriander stems into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7.
- Add onion and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Cut lemongrass into 4 pieces amd bruise with a mortar and pestle to allow flavours to be released. Add into mixing bowl.
- Add coconut oil and sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Add coconut cream, lemon juice, fish sauce, palm sugar, cayenne chilli or chilli and water and cook 8 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Add prawns and cook 1 min/100°C//speed . Season with salt or extra fish sauce and serve immediately.
Photography by: Sneh Roy from Cook Republic (https://www.cookrepublic.com)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Orange Soup - Pumpkin, Sweet Potato & Carrots
- Quick Beef Pho for Two
- Jen's Crab and Corn Chowder
- Vegan Lentil Soup
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- VEGAN Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Yummy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Variation Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Curry Pea Soup
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Quick fruit sponge
- Fresh tomato tart
- Pretty in pink - ruby chocolate dessert
- Classic chocolate fudge
- Mango, coconut and lychee icy poles
- Frozen breakfast yoghurt pops
- Chocolate salted caramel petit fours
- Mint lemonade
- Date & Weetbix Muffins
- TIPSY TART (a,k.a - Cape Brandy Pudding)
- More Again Risotto
- Vegan Chocolate Chia Hemp Pudding
- Salted caramel & meringue tart
- Crispy nutty crackers
- Gluten Free Spiced Fruit Loaf
- Lebanese Eid Biscuit Kaak Alkhamees Mr2od Ka'ak Black Seed
- Vegan vanilla cake
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Linguine (w Low Carb, Dairy Free, Vegetarian Variations)
- Iced tea syrup
- Pizza buns