- 120 grams Uncooked rice
- 1 litre water
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Chicken stock concentrate, or any stock of your choice
- 200 grams Cooked shredded chicken, see tips for alternatives/variations
- 20 grams fish sauce
- 40 grams Fresh Coriander, chopped
- dash of sesame oil
- 1 egg
- Extras for garnish, fresh or crushed chilli, fried shallots, fresh coriander, spring onions, soy sauce
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Insert butterfly into TM bowl.
Place rice (no need to rinse), water, piece of ginger and stock into TM bowl and cook for 20 minutes, 100 degrees, soft spoon speed, REVERSE, MC ON.
Check the water level. If you like a soupy consistency, then leave the water in there. If you like a thicker consistency then pour some of the water out, but not all of it.
Add cooked chicken, fish sauce, coriander and sesame oil to the rice. Crack the egg directly into the rice. Cook a further 5 minutes, 100 degrees, soft spoon speed, REVERSE, MC OFF.
Just before serving, remove the piece of ginger (or just be careful not to serve) and add garnishes of your choice. I have used fresh or crushed chilli, fried garlic, extra coriander, spring onions and a dash of soy sauce.
Accessories you need
There are many variations to rice porridge and it can be suited to your preferred taste.
The egg can be omitted.
Alternatives to chicken for Khao Tom include prawns, fish, duck or roast pork.
You can leave out the chicken or use any meat you like.
If you are using raw chicken, place the diced chicken in the TM bowl at the start (allowing to cook for 20 minutes).
For a vegetarian option – use vegetable stock and add mushrooms, chopped onions, or any veggies you like.
Please note this is a small serve for 2-3 portions.
If you try this recipe, I would love it if you could leave a comment and rating – I appreciate all feedback.
You might like to join my facebook page “Aussie TM5 Thermomixer” for more shared recipes, hints and tips
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese
- Prawn & Chicken Laksa
- Chicken & sweet corn soup
- Best Ever Creamy Tomato & Bacon Soup
- Chicken and Corn Noodle Soup
- Autumn Spiced Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Califlower soup with parmesen and bacon dust
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup
- LCHF SCOTCH EGGS (LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT)
- THAI HOT CHILLI SAUCE
- LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT CHEESEBURGERS (LCHF)
- (LCHF) BASIC LOW CARB BACON AND EGG QUICHE
- (LCHF) LOW CARB BACON CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE
- LCHF CHOCOLATE WALNUT KETO FUDGE
- CLASSIC ITALIAN LASAGNE (OSSO BUCCO)
- CHICKEN AND CHEESE SAUSAGE ROLLS
- LAKSA NOODLE STIR FRY
- QUICK AND EASY BEEF NACHOS
- TASTY SHEPHERD'S PIE (POTATO PIE, COTTAGE PIE)
- CREAMY GARLIC PARMESAN AVOCADO CAULIFLOWER MASH
- Pizza Scrolls
- Lemon Curd
- Sweet potato fritters
- Fresh mint ice cream
- Chicken Paella
- Rhubarb & Orange Creme Brûlée
- Impossible Pie
- Gluten free low carb mini quiches
- Lamb Saag Curry (FODMAP friendly)
- Beetroot and Feta Burger
- Apple, Pear and Strawberry Purée - ThermieBub
- Strawberry and Banana Purée - ThermieBub