- 1 onion, Small
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cm ginger root
- 1 heaped tablespoons red curry paste, Or to taste
- 50 grams olive oil
- 1000 grams pumpkin flesh, Roughly chopped
- 250 grams water
- 1 level tbsp Vegetable stock paste
- 300 grams coconut milk
- 1 cubes palm sugar
- 1-2 level tbsp fish sauce
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Chop onion, garlic and ginger, speed 5, 3 seconds, until finely chopped. Add curry paste. Mix 2 seconds speed 2.
Scrape down bowl. Add olive oil and sauté 3 minutes, speed 1, 100 degrees.
Add pumpkin and palm sugar to bowl. Chop about 6 seconds speed 5, to make pieces smaller. Repeat if necessary.
Add coconut milk, and enough water to almost cover the pumpkin. Add stock paste and fish sauce.
Cook 15 minutes, speed 2, 100 degrees.
When finished leave for a couple of minutes, then purée by gradually increasing speed to 8 for 20 seconds.
Serve with a swirl of coconut milk.
garnish with coriander if you have some.
The amount of water will depend on how thick you like your soup, and the type of pumpkin used. I used Japanese pumpkin, and like my pumpkin soup thick. Would also be good with butternut pumpkin.
Measurements are approximate.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Caramel slice (no bake filling from scratch in Thermomix)
- Bacon Fried Cabbage
- Spring onion Butter Cookie
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Light rye bread
- No Bake Fudge Brownie - Paleo, GF, Sugar Free, Grain Free
- Variation TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Raw Kebbe
- Halawet El Jibn (Sweet Cheese Dessert)
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)