- 500 grams pumpkin, cubed
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 onions
- 1 small red chilli
- 1 stalk lemon grass (white parts)
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 360 grams coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon tamarind puree
- 200 grams water
- 120 grams coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
Marinade the cubed pumpkin with half the lime juice and set aside.
In TM bowl add onions halved, chilli, lemon grass.
Chop for 3 sec/speed 5.
Then add shrimp paste, sugar and 60g of coconut milk.
Mix for 3 sec/speed 5
Add in the rest of the coconut milk 300g, tamarind puree and water.
Back to the pumpkin, either have 2nd TM bowl or remove paste from bowl.
Chop pumpkin with lime juice 10 sec/speed 5,
Than add to Ist TM bowl with paste or add paste to pumpkin.
Mix for 5 sec/speed 5
Cook for 15min/100 degrees/speed 1
Puree for 1min/speed 9
Add in remaining ingredients, fish sauce, remaining lime juice and coconut cream
Mix for 3 sec/speed 5
Serve with garnish of thai basil or coriander.
Accessories you need
Can add some raw prawns after pureeing and cook for a further 3 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Orange Soup - Pumpkin, Sweet Potato & Carrots
- Quick Beef Pho for Two
- Jen's Crab and Corn Chowder
- Vegan Lentil Soup
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- VEGAN Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Yummy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Variation Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Curry Pea Soup
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Easy Cheats Chicken and Vegetable Pie Filling
- Spicy Mexican Bowl with Avocado
- Shepherd’s Pie (Low Carb)
- LCHF Iced Coffee
- Date & Weetbix Muffins
- TIPSY TART (a,k.a - Cape Brandy Pudding)
- More Again Risotto
- Vegan Chocolate Chia Hemp Pudding
- Salted caramel & meringue tart
- Crispy nutty crackers
- Gluten Free Spiced Fruit Loaf