- 500 grams pumpkin, cubed
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 onions
- 1 small red chilli
- 1 stalk lemon grass (white parts)
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 360 grams coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon tamarind puree
- 200 grams water
- 120 grams coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
Marinade the cubed pumpkin with half the lime juice and set aside.
In TM bowl add onions halved, chilli, lemon grass.
Chop for 3 sec/speed 5.
Then add shrimp paste, sugar and 60g of coconut milk.
Mix for 3 sec/speed 5
Add in the rest of the coconut milk 300g, tamarind puree and water.
Back to the pumpkin, either have 2nd TM bowl or remove paste from bowl.
Chop pumpkin with lime juice 10 sec/speed 5,
Than add to Ist TM bowl with paste or add paste to pumpkin.
Mix for 5 sec/speed 5
Cook for 15min/100 degrees/speed 1
Puree for 1min/speed 9
Add in remaining ingredients, fish sauce, remaining lime juice and coconut cream
Mix for 3 sec/speed 5
Serve with garnish of thai basil or coriander.
Accessories you need
Can add some raw prawns after pureeing and cook for a further 3 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Grant's Green Sauce
- Beetroot Smoothie (GF DF NF AIP)
- Nigella's Chocolate Gingerbread
- Double layer chocolate frosted Birthday cake
- Super Hot Chilli Jam
- Lahme bajin dough recipe
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread
- Indian rice pudding
- Ketchup - Sugar Free
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)