- 500 grams pumpkin, cubed
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 onions
- 1 small red chilli
- 1 stalk lemon grass (white parts)
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 360 grams coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon tamarind puree
- 200 grams water
- 120 grams coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
Marinade the cubed pumpkin with half the lime juice and set aside.
In TM bowl add onions halved, chilli, lemon grass.
Chop for 3 sec/speed 5.
Then add shrimp paste, sugar and 60g of coconut milk.
Mix for 3 sec/speed 5
Add in the rest of the coconut milk 300g, tamarind puree and water.
Back to the pumpkin, either have 2nd TM bowl or remove paste from bowl.
Chop pumpkin with lime juice 10 sec/speed 5,
Than add to Ist TM bowl with paste or add paste to pumpkin.
Mix for 5 sec/speed 5
Cook for 15min/100 degrees/speed 1
Puree for 1min/speed 9
Add in remaining ingredients, fish sauce, remaining lime juice and coconut cream
Mix for 3 sec/speed 5
Serve with garnish of thai basil or coriander.
Accessories you need
Can add some raw prawns after pureeing and cook for a further 3 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut and Pea Soup
- Sopa de tomate com ovo escalfado
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- Dumplings and broth
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Multi-seed Gluten Free Bread
- Green Chicken & Veg Curry
- Sweet & Sour (not Pork) Cauliflower
- Brioche Hot Cross Buns
- Easy Four Seed Crackers
- Creamy Cauliflower Sauce (vegan, nut free) adapted from pinch of yum
- Chelsea Winter's Crazy Italian chocolate cake (egg free, dairy free)
- Teriyaki Chicken and Noodles
- Pumpkin Butter Chicken
- Basilico Spago
- Pizza Bread Pull Apart