- 500 grams pumpkin, cubed
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 onions
- 1 small red chilli
- 1 stalk lemon grass (white parts)
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 360 grams coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon tamarind puree
- 200 grams water
- 120 grams coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
Marinade the cubed pumpkin with half the lime juice and set aside.
In TM bowl add onions halved, chilli, lemon grass.
Chop for 3 sec/speed 5.
Then add shrimp paste, sugar and 60g of coconut milk.
Mix for 3 sec/speed 5
Add in the rest of the coconut milk 300g, tamarind puree and water.
Back to the pumpkin, either have 2nd TM bowl or remove paste from bowl.
Chop pumpkin with lime juice 10 sec/speed 5,
Than add to Ist TM bowl with paste or add paste to pumpkin.
Mix for 5 sec/speed 5
Cook for 15min/100 degrees/speed 1
Puree for 1min/speed 9
Add in remaining ingredients, fish sauce, remaining lime juice and coconut cream
Mix for 3 sec/speed 5
Serve with garnish of thai basil or coriander.
Accessories you need
Can add some raw prawns after pureeing and cook for a further 3 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegetable and Red Lentil Soup
- Left Over Chicken Soup
- Quick Asian Noodle soup
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese
- Prawn & Chicken Laksa
- Chicken & sweet corn soup
- Best Ever Creamy Tomato & Bacon Soup
- Chicken and Corn Noodle Soup
- Sweet potato curry
- LCHF NO BAKE JAFFA CHEESECAKES
- Annabel Karmel's Chicken with Apricots by Domestic Thermominx
- Bindy’s Mud Cake
- Deep Dark Chocolate Cake
- Quinoa with mixed greens and yoghurt dressing
- Portuguese Milk Buns
- Kristie's Oil Free Chicken Marinate
- Vegan Bolognese Pasta Sauce
- Thick Bechamel Sauce
- Corn and Cheese Balls
- Mixie's cold brew coffee