- 15 g olive oil
- 1 brown onion, Quartered
- 2 tsp Minced Ginger
- 2 tbsp massaman curry paste
- 750 g sweet potato (kumara), Peeled &amp; cut in to pieces
- 120 g red lentils, washed
- 800 g water
- 1 tbsp TM veg stock
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar or rapadura
1. Add onion to TM bowl and Chop 5secs, speed 5.
2. Add oil and Cook 3 min, speed 2 at 100 deg.
3. Add ginger and curry paste, cook further 1 min.
4. Add kumara, lentils, stock and water. Cook 25 min, speed 2, 100 deg.
5. Blend 30 sec, gradually increasing speed from 1-10, until smooth.
6. Add lime juice, fish sauce and sugar, cook 3 min, 100 deg, speed 5.
Accessories you need
This is a very warming soup, great for a cold winter night. Sometimes has a slightly grainy texture from the lentils. For those that like a more spicy soup, red curry paste can be substituted for massaman. Serve with EDC spelt bread rolls or garlic bread.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dumplings and broth
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- Chickpea Dosa
- Chicken and Corn Risotto
- Black Bean Paste (sauce)
- Mars Bar Cheesecake
- Violet Crumble Cheesecake
- Chocolate Panforte
- Simple, creamy Hommus
- Potsticker dumplings and broth
- Coffee syrup