- 15 g olive oil
- 1 brown onion, Quartered
- 2 tsp Minced Ginger
- 2 tbsp massaman curry paste
- 750 g sweet potato (kumara), Peeled &amp; cut in to pieces
- 120 g red lentils, washed
- 800 g water
- 1 tbsp TM veg stock
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar or rapadura
1. Add onion to TM bowl and Chop 5secs, speed 5.
2. Add oil and Cook 3 min, speed 2 at 100 deg.
3. Add ginger and curry paste, cook further 1 min.
4. Add kumara, lentils, stock and water. Cook 25 min, speed 2, 100 deg.
5. Blend 30 sec, gradually increasing speed from 1-10, until smooth.
6. Add lime juice, fish sauce and sugar, cook 3 min, 100 deg, speed 5.
This is a very warming soup, great for a cold winter night. Sometimes has a slightly grainy texture from the lentils. For those that like a more spicy soup, red curry paste can be substituted for massaman. Serve with EDC spelt bread rolls or garlic bread.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Lentil Soup
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- VEGAN Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Yummy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Variation Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Curry Pea Soup
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Pumpkin and Leek Soup
- Creamy broccoli leek and ham soup
- Beef Stew just like nans.