- 2 tsp dried instant yeast
- 0.5 tsp caster sugar
- 250 g water
- 450 g baker's flour, plus extra to dust
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 40 g olive oil
- 60 g Natural greek yoghurt
- sesame seeds
- nigella seeds (onion seeds)
- 40 g olive oil
- 1 onion, halved
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp sea salt, to taste
- 0.5 tsp tumeric powder
- 1 can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can peeled tomato
- 1 can water, use can the chickpeas came in
- 2 tbsp TM vegetable stock
- fresh coriander, to serve
- sour cream or natural greek yoghurt, to serve
Place baking paper onto two large trays and set aside.
Place yeast, sugar and water into mixing bowl and warm 1min / Temp 37 / Speed 1.
Add flour, salt, oil and yoghurt and mix 6sec / Speed 6, then knead 1.5mins / / .
Preheat oven to 220C.
Transfer doung onto Thermomat or a lightly floured surface and work into a ball. Wrap in the Thermomat or place into a bowl and cover with a tea towel. Leave to prove in a warm, dry place for 30 minutes. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Divide into 2 equal portions and shape into two 15x50cm rectangles, place onto prepared baking trays, brush with water, and sprinkly with sesame seeds, nigella seeds and a little sea salt.
Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly golden.
Place onion and garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3sec / speed 7, scrape down sides of bowl.
Add oil, saute 3mins/ Varoma / speed 1.
Add spices and salt and cook 1min / Temp 100 / speed 1, to release their flavours.
Add Tin Tomato (and juice), chop for 6sec / speed 3.5, this should nicely chop the tomatos without them going orange. (Hint: Hold on tight! your Thermie might start "walking" around the bench here )
Add Water, Stock, drained Chickpeas and cook 15-20mins / Temp 100 / speed 1.
Serve in bowls with Chopped Fresh Coriander and a dollop of Sour Cream or Natural Greek Yoghurt, along with the Fresh Turkish Bread you just got out of the oven.
Prepare and cook Turkish Bread
Prepare and cook Soup
Garnish and Serve
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Lentil Soup
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- VEGAN Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Yummy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Variation Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Curry Pea Soup
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Pumpkin and Leek Soup
- Creamy broccoli leek and ham soup
- Beef Stew just like nans.