- 800 grams ripe roma tomatoes (or 2 x 400g cans), halved (if fresh)
- 1 medium red Onion, halved
- 2 cloves garlic (large)
- 4 cm fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable stock paste
- 2 cans 400g brown lentils (drained), or 200g cooked brown lentils
- 400 grams water
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Recipe is created for
Add onion, garlic and ginger to
Chop 5 secs/speed 5/MC on
Scrape down sides of bowl
Add olive oil to
Sauté 3 mins/varoma/speed 1/MC on
Add cinnamon to
Stir 8 secs/speed 3
Add tomatoes, stock paste, water and lentils to
Cook 20 mins/90c/speed 1/Simmering basket in place of MC
Add juice of lemon to
Cook 1 min/90c/speed 1/Simmering basket in place of MC
Blend 10 secs/speed 5.
Serve with fresh sourdough for a light dinner.
If you prefer a smooth soup blend for up to 1 minute increasing the speed slowly from 5 to 9.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Potato, Leek and Bacon Soup
- Curried Choko & Bacon Soup
- Cauliflower & Bacon soup
- Lentil and chickpea soup
- Basic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Fresh Veg and Chicken Soup with Steamed Chicken