- 70 g Parmesan cheese, crust removed and cut into cubes (3 cm), plus extra shaved for garnishing
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary (approx. 10 cm long), leaves only
- 1/2 brown onion (approx. 75 g)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 20 g olive oil
- 150 g pancetta, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 100 g zucchini, diced
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 400 g canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained (weight is pre-draining)
- 400 g canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained (weight is pre-draining)
- 400 g canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (weight is pre-draining)
- 400 g water
- 1 tbsp Vegetable stock paste (see Tips)
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 6 slices crusty bread, to serve
- Place Parmesan into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 9. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place rosemary and thyme into mixing bowl and chop 20 sec/speed 8. Repeat chopping 20 sec/speed 8, or until a fine consistency os achieved. Transfer into a bowl and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place onion and garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add oil and pancetta and sauté 10 min/Varoma/speed 1, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup into mixing bowl lid.
- Add celery, carrot, zucchini, tomatoes, chickpeas, kidney beans, cannellini beans, water, stock paste, chilli flakes and reserved chopped herbs and cook 20 min/100°C//speed 1.
- Transfer into a thermal serving bowl or other large bowl and stir through reserved Parmesan. Garnish with extra shaved Parmesan to taste and serve with crusty bread.
Please refer to The Basic Cookbook or the Everyday Cookbook for the Vegetable stock paste recipe.
Vegetarian Tuscan bean soup: omit the pancetta and reduce sautéing time to 3 minutes in step 4. Proceed as per recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin Soup with Chorizo
- Celeriac & Parmesan Soup with Pear
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- Sweet Potato, Carrot, Coconut and Lime Soup
- Broccoli, Zucchini & Leek Soup
- Indian Parsnip Soup with Coriander Sambal
- Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- The Daily Mix - Chicken and Corn Soup
- Pumpkin, lime & coconut soup
- Vegetable soup (with McKenzies dry soup mix)
- Cabbage Roll Soup
- Variation Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Fragrant pipis
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab