- 1 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoons garlic, granulated
- 1 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 160 g sea salt
- 1 Whole chicken, 1.4 - 1.6kg
- 1500 g water
- 1 tablespoons chicken stock paste, - recipe in basic cook book for TM5
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 parsnip, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
1h 27minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add all chicken spice rub ingredients to "Closed lid" mixing bowl and then 5 sec/sp 7. Store in airtight jar to use on other dishes in the future.
- 1. Add water and stock paste to mixing bowl.
2. Place whole chicken in Varoma dish, breast facing up.
3. Rub 1 tblsp olive oil oveer the chicken, and then sprinkle 1-2 tblsp spice rub over the chook.
4. Steam for 60 mins / Varoma / sp2.
5. After the 60 mins is up, set Varoma aside and add all other ingredients (the veg) to the mixing bowl. Be sure it does not exceed the max fill line.
6. Place Varoma with chook back into position and cook another 10 mins / Varoma / Sp 1.
7. Remove chook and strip meat from the chook and place desired amount into the mixing bowl with soup base/vege. Careful not to go over the MAX line.
8. Cook for another 2 mins/100deg/"Counter-clockwise operation" sp 1.
Serve and enjoy!
Chicken spice rub
Soup base & vegetables
Accessories you need
Leave out the veggies you don't like and add others you do like. Just be sure not to over fill your bowl.
Great for Cold and Flu season to get all those yummy veggies in to you! Enjoy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- No-Fuss Dumpling Noodle Soup
- Liver Rescue Broth
- Thai pumpkin soup
- Spicy Pumpkin Soup
- Zucchini and Bacon Soup
- Pumpkin and Bacon Soup with Risoni
- Beef Bakso (sis Adz's)
- Pumpkin and Bacon Soup
- Chilli Soup
- Mr Chan's Cheats Chicken Broth - by CookiK8
- Hearty Italian Fennel and Chicken Soup with White Beans
- Comfort in a Cup, Lemon and Coconut Chicken Soup